Coming soon to cinemas near you! - The upcoming films thread

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @DaltonCraig007, that's what I was thinking, as well, but with 'Blade Runner 2' set to start work soon - and I can only surmise his following project would be 'The Son,' since there's nothing set in stone regarding a sequel/prequel for 'Sicario' - he should be cleared up around the time they plan on shooting 'Bond 25,' if a longer delay is imminent. Or, perhaps, there's always 'Bond 26'!
    I´m looking very much forward to Villeneuve´s next films, but I doubt I would want him do a Bond film. I can´t see how that would fit.
    edited May 2016 Posts: 40,868
    If Mendes did it, why not Villeneuve? If anything, I'd argue that Villeneuve could handle things better than Mendes did.

EDIT: Dwayne Johnson joins 'Skyscraper' movie, which will have shades of 'Towering Inferno' and 'Die Hard,' taking place inside a mega-skyscraper in China.

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/690623-skyscraper-movie
    Eva Green's next project, "Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children" :

That seems interesting.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    @DaltonCraig007, that's what I was thinking, as well, but with 'Blade Runner 2' set to start work soon - and I can only surmise his following project would be 'The Son,' since there's nothing set in stone regarding a sequel/prequel for 'Sicario' - he should be cleared up around the time they plan on shooting 'Bond 25,' if a longer delay is imminent. Or, perhaps, there's always 'Bond 26'!
    A shame really, but I'll look forward to any one of his films.
    Gerard wrote: »
    Eva Green's next project, "Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children" :

That seems interesting.
    Eva Green hasn't aged in 10 years.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Yes, she still looks amazing. :x
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited May 2016 Posts: 15,708
    Filming for the new Christopher Nolan film, the WW2 epic 'Dunkirk' with Tom Hardy, Cillian Murphy, Kenneth Branagh and Mark Rylance, has started.

Cjc5YKvWkAACbvj.jpg
    Funny, Cillian Murphy is working on 'Anthropoid,' a WWII thriller (what I got from the short synopsis I saw online earlier, anyway.) It sounds like 'Flame & Citron' meets 'Valkyrie.'
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    @Creasy47 I think, between these 2 films and Gibson's Hacksaw Ridge, there is also the new Robert Zemeckis film 'Allied' with Brad Pitt and Marion Cotillard. So 4 interesting WW2 films in the next 12 months or so.
    I forgot about 'Allied,' and I still don't even know what it is outside of some set video I saw of Brad Pitt the other day. In other words, my WWII-film-appetite is going to be more than sated over the next year-ish. 'Dunkirk' and 'Hacksaw Ridge' alone are all I'll need, everything else is going to be icing on the cake.
    @Creasy47 And, of course, not forgetting the South Korean war film 'Operation Chromite' with Liam Neeson!
    You'll have to keep my ass in check with all of these, I'm bound to forget about them. What I should start doing is keeping a list of all these random movies I come across that interest me, but are still months/years away from release. I don't know how many movies are out there that I've completely forgotten about over the years because they come and go. Take 'Operation Chromite,' I doubt I ever would've seen that trailer if you hadn't posted it.
    @Creasy47 last time I checked the release schedule for September 2016 up to early 2017, I thought sh*t was about to get real. Honestly, between Inferno, Sully, Rogue One, Assassin's Creed, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, The Girl on the Train, Jack Reacher 2, Mena, John Wick 2, Patriot's Day, Hacksaw Ridge, Silence, Deepwater Horizon, Trainspotting 2, The Dark Tower, Billy Lynn... All of these films come out within a 6 months period.
    I'm most excited for Allied and Silence this year. Robert Zemeckis and Martin Scorsese are two of my favorite directors.
    I didn't think I'd have any interest at all in 'Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk,' but the first teaser trailer sold me on it. Not sure how I'll feel about the 120 FPS, however.
    edited May 2016 Posts: 15,708
    @FoxRox the latest I've heard from 'Silence' is that Liam Neeson will be the frontrunner for the Oscar in february 2017. Not 'a' frontrunner, 'the' frontrunner.
    I expect nothing but brilliance from 'Silence,' but what I'm REALLY looking forward to is Scorsese's 'The Irishman.' I only wish they could've gotten Pesci to join, I wonder why he's adamant against doing it.
    @Creasy47 it's amazing how many projects Scorsese and Ridley Scott are pilling up lately despite both being in their mid 70's!
    edited May 2016 Posts: 40,868
    The more, the merrier! In their 70's, and they've both been impressing me lately, both with what they've released and what they have planned for the future (just about everything Scorsese is doing, and for Scott: 'Alien: Covenant' and his upcoming western.)

EDIT: 'Fast 8' BTS cast video shows the group together for the first time...along with Jason Statham nonchalantly hanging alongside everyone else, for some reason. It's rather odd, considering how the previous film ends, so who knows what they have planned.

http://collider.com/fast-and-furious-8-cast-set-video/
    2 trailer for 'The Infiltrator' with Bryan Cranston:

I think this may end up being one of the best movies this year
    Also re:Dennis Villeni..whatever...I never really got the hype for him.
    His movies are all atmosphere and no substance. I want him away from Bond movies..
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    The more, the merrier! In their 70's, and they've both been impressing me lately, both with what they've released and what they have planned for the future (just about everything Scorsese is doing, and for Scott: 'Alien: Covenant' and his upcoming western.)

EDIT: 'Fast 8' BTS cast video shows the group together for the first time...along with Jason Statham nonchalantly hanging alongside everyone else, for some reason. It's rather odd, considering how the previous film ends, so who knows what they have planned.

http://collider.com/fast-and-furious-8-cast-set-video/

Speaking if which, Johnson as Hobbs from fast 8

hobbs.jpg
    edited June 2016 Posts: 15,708
    Bruce Willis is back (once more):

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    I'm a big fan of old Bruce and Mauraders looks very good.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Is it me or Marauders heavily reminds me of 16 Blocks? I mean, Bruce Willis looks like as if he's just gotten out of that film to do a straight sequel to it, not to mention the blue visuals.
    'Soldado,' the sequel to 'Sicario,' has founds its director:

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/691873-sicario-2-soldado

I was a bit side-tracked by reading here or there that Villeneuve would do the sequel too. But what I read now sounds very good to me. The director of Gomorra, and Brolin and del Toro starring, I´m happy :-). It also makes sense that Blunt´s character doesn´t re-appear, since anything else would undermine the characters that were established in Sicario.

• doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    edited June 2016 Posts: 15,708
    Looked a cool, but random, Transporter-lite action film, until I saw Ben Kingsley and Anthony Hopkins are in the film! I need to see it now.

• edited June 2016 Posts: 3,333

Great choice for a new director. The Italian series Gomorra is the best thing on TV right now.