Coming soon to cinemas near you! - The upcoming films thread

Comments

• jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited June 2016 Posts: 10,590
    Sicario is getting a sequel? That is bloody great!
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Posted on the official thread too.

kyqVFi7qUiNuscJFhjMyFo.jpg

CkDhCD6WYAAVnK7.jpg:large
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited June 2016 Posts: 15,708
    14 years after DAD, 'Fast 8' is making its own version of a car chase in Iceland:

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Anthony Hopkins joins the cast of Transformers 5: The Last Knight. What the hell?
  • edited June 2016 Posts: 2,491
    I saw Warcraft. I guess this is a fan's movie...since for me the movie was all over the place.

Great soundtrack and great visual effects tho, perhaps one of the best visual effects I've seen ....well maybe ever I'll say...

I had friends fan of the games that LOVED this movie so if you're a fan you may like it. If you know nothing about the characters....eh.

edit: So Fast 8 seems to have a lot of teaser videos these days.....possibly a trailer coming out in a month maybe?!

The above video seems pretty hype, they may be going the Mad Max road with the action and I like it.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/43382/blanchett-to-co-lead-ocean-s-11-reboot
    Blanchett To Co-Lead "Ocean's 11" Reboot?

By Garth Franklin Friday June 3rd 2016 11:51PM
    Blanchett To Co-Lead "Ocean's 11" Reboot?

Late last year came word that "The Hunger Games" director Gary Ross was developing an all-female "Ocean's Eleven" remake with Sandra Bullock starring. Ross brought the idea to both filmmaker Steven Soderbergh and producer Jerry Weintraub who loved it enough they've decided to move forward with it.

Helmed by Ross, the project is expected to enlist a star-studded cast, and now a new report at The Playlist has offered some new details. They say Cate Blanchett is currently in talks to join the film which is going by the affectionate nickname of "Ocean's Ocho" as it involves eight principal thieves pulling off a heist - not eleven.

Should a deal close, Bullock and Blanchett would be playing this version's equivalent of the Clooney and Pitt roles respectively, but the characters aren't "female versions" of the existing ones - rather all new ones which have friendship/partnership dynamics akin to the Soderbergh films.

There was rumor Jennifer Lawrence was to be involved, but with shooting aiming to begin towards year's end, her schedule is now looking unlikely to permit it. The site also says the idea of George Clooney's Danny Ocean character making a cameo in the film has been nixed for now but might turn up down the road.

No word on further casting as yet. Ross, Soderbergh, Greg Jacobs, and Susan Ekins will also produce.

• ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Again, another unnecessary reboot with all-female cast. Just like Ghostbusters. One might think (just think? ha!) they want to send people some message.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    A reboot of a remake, I didn't know that Hollywood was still so creative.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    It's movie cannibalism, Hollywood is eating itself :(
    A reboot of a remake, I didn't know that Hollywood was still so creative.
    Especially with this new cliche of racial stunts or an all-female thingy replacing the originals because of the menacing "classic gender" is "overdone". Hollywood is becoming a parody of itself.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    616XO7a.jpg

-zcDpIGgCIA.jpg
    Is that Kurt Russell on third from left?
    Yes

edited June 2016 Posts: 15,423
    Yes
    Glad he's coming back. I liked his character in Furious 7.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Kurt is always cool. ^:)^
    Definitely he is! I loved what kind of a psychotic killer he was in Death Proof.
    edited June 2016 Posts: 15,708
    I think Kurt Russell is also going it be in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2', and he's in 'Deepwater Horizon' with John Malkovich.
    I think Kurt Russell is also going it be in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2'.
    Yes, he will. He'll playing the father of Chris Pratt's character.
    Brilliant, @ClarkDevlin! :-bd
    Brilliant, @ClarkDevlin! :-bd
    :-bd
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Funny, Cillian Murphy is working on 'Anthropoid,' a WWII thriller (what I got from the short synopsis I saw online earlier, anyway.) It sounds like 'Flame & Citron' meets 'Valkyrie.'

Anthropoid was the coe name for the assassination of Reinhard Heydrich in Prague in may 1942. So, it's a remake (more faithful to the real facts than Lang's movie was, but he didn't know all the facts then) of "Hangmen also die".

John Boyega will be the lead actor in Pacific Rim 2.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I liked the first, glad to see a sequel coming. If only Del Toro could make Hellboy 3 as well, I would be even happier.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Ian McShane reveals a few more details about 'John Wick 2':

http://screenrant.com/john-wick-2-ian-mcshane-villain/

Saying that the action is more reminiscent of something you'd find in a Hong Kong film rather than a Hollywood movie makes me very happy.
    Aaaaaand I'm going to kill you, @Creasy47, as I thought the wait until John Wick 2 was hard enough, the article in your link ends with 'Keanu Reeves hopeful for John Wick 3'.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Anthony Hopkins joins the cast of Transformers 5: The Last Knight. What the hell?

I guess that means that I have to watch one of those films now.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @DaltonCraig007, I noticed the same thing, as well. If the second one comes out and impresses everyone as much as the first did, a third will be inevitable, hopefully.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Who does Anthony Hopkins play? Anthohoptikon? Oscar on its way.
    I wonder when are we going to get a trailer for Mechanic: Resurrection. Two months left for the film's release.
    I wonder when are we going to get a trailer for Mechanic: Resurrection. Two months left for the film's release.

Can't wait for that one, the last Statham film is still 'Spy'. I really need some more badass Statham!