Coming soon to cinemas near you! - The upcoming films thread

Comments

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    On the set of Trainspotting 2:

4166280.jpg
    Two films I seriously looking forward to:

everybodysmall.jpg

leztowm7s9rxdjylejrb.jpg
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    I'd definitely cast Jeffrey Donovan as Archer. He has the looks, acting abilities, and the voice as well.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Yeah lol you're right. Donovan would make an awesome Archer.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    doubleoego wrote: »
    Yeah lol you're right. Donovan would make an awesome Archer.
    tumblr_n4d1df5bse1sris39o1_500.gif
    On the set of Trainspotting 2:

4166280.jpg
    Nice haircut there for Ewan MacGregor, makes him look a bit like Vinnie Jones :-)).

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Apollo 13 filmmakers reunite over 2 decades later for another sci fi epic: Sevenes.

Plot: a catastrophic event that renders Earth a ticking time bomb, and nations band together to devise a plan to ensure the survival of humanity in outer space. Five thousand years later, their progeny — seven races now 3 billion strong — embark on another audacious journey to an alien world utterly transformed by cataclysm and time: Earth.

I need this. Now!
    Apollo 13 filmmakers reunite over 2 decades later for another sci fi epic: Sevenes.

Plot: a catastrophic event that renders Earth a ticking time bomb, and nations band together to devise a plan to ensure the survival of humanity in outer space. Five thousand years later, their progeny — seven races now 3 billion strong — embark on another audacious journey to an alien world utterly transformed by cataclysm and time: Earth.

I need this. Now!

I need this YESTERDAY. I'm all in for an Arthur C. Clark-ian, Stanley Kubrick-ian approach to such a wonderful premise. Sounds like how Star Trek really should be.
    Two films I seriously looking forward to:

everybodysmall.jpg

leztowm7s9rxdjylejrb.jpg

Is anyone looking forward to the above two films?
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    I won't be watching The Nice Guys, as Russell Crow is in it, and he's a total Dick
    in real life, and a crap actor. The other, I might give a look when it reaches
    Netflix.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I won't be watching The Nice Guys, as Russell Crow is in it, and he's a total Dick
    Netflix.

Shame, you're missing out on one hilarious movie and one of the best movies of the year.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Netflix.

Shame, you're missing out on one hilarious movie and one of the best movies of the year.

You saw it my dear cutypie Mr Lovejoy :-P :x ?
  • edited June 2016 Posts: 11,119

I need this. Now!

I need this YESTERDAY. I'm all in for an Arthur C. Clark-ian, Stanley Kubrick-ian approach to such a wonderful premise. Sounds like how Star Trek really should be.

It's called "SeveNeves", and the great Ron Howard will be directing!
    http://variety.com/2016/film/news/ron-howard-sevenes-skydance-1201791761/

Seveneves-book.jpg
    Netflix.

You saw it my dear cutypie Mr Lovejoy :-P :x ?

Can I assume that you loved it?

I need this. Now!

What does the Apollo 13 team have to do with a Kubrick-ian approach???

Is anyone looking forward to the above two films?

I haven't even seen Dazed And Confused and have no opinion on the "spiritual follow-up" but I was indeed looking forward to The Nice Guys and saw it on opening night, and enjoyed it.
    Netflix.

He is? Hmm. Can't say I agree. I have no idea what supposedly makes him "a total Dick" and as for as an actor, well, if you hate him that much then it's no surprise you feel that way.

@Tuulia, I don't recall, but have you seen 'Kiss Kiss Bang Bang'? If you loved 'The Nice Guys,' you'll most certainly enjoy that movie.
    I've just read interviews with other actors/directors who have worked with him. He
    was charged with assault on a hotel worker, hit him with a phone. So it's only from
    what I've read, but he doesn't seem very nice :(
    If you go about it like that, you're going to be really restricted in which movies or shows you watch, as you can find that level of dirt on just about any actor out there.
    No, he's just the one. I don't know why he stands out for me, I guess I should stop
    reading film magazines, although some actors seem great to work with and some
    don't .
    boldfinger wrote: »

I need this. Now!

What does the Apollo 13 team have to do with a Kubrick-ian approach???

It has something to do with the wonderful novel. It's a very Arthur C. Clarke-ian novel. I love it. Therefore I hope director Ron Howard makes it tone and style wise a movie that is comparable to "2001: A Space Odyssey" and "Interstellar".
    No, he's just the one. I don't know why he stands out for me, I guess I should stop
    reading film magazines, although some actors seem great to work with and some
    don't .

That's probably the best bet, lest you stop watching Matthew Broderick movies because he has killed people, or you don't watch a single Roman Polanski/Woody Allen classic because of their sordid/illegal pasts. Lot of great Russell Crowe movies you're missing out on.
    Yes, I don't watch any of those, I don't want to add to the bank account of any
    paedophiles , others might, that's up to them.
    Do you have some large list of actors who have done illegal things, and you just avoid their films, then? That really has to put a damper on what you watch, then.
    @Tuulia, I don't recall, but have you seen 'Kiss Kiss Bang Bang'? If you loved 'The Nice Guys,' you'll most certainly enjoy that movie.

I have. I'll need to re-watch... and re-watch The Nice Guys, too. So many movies to watch and re-watch, geez. I'm trying to have some life beyond movies, but but...

@Thunderpussy, ok. I know about that one incident, though I don't know the details, but I haven't seen complaints about him from co-workers - I take it not everyone got along with him then. Since I don't know what their complaints were like exactly I can't comment. My impression is based just on what I've seen and read, and it's pretty positive, and he seems likable to me. An excellent story-teller, too; I like listening to him and he makes me laugh a lot, which is always a plus. I'd need there to be something really awful or clear general a-holeness to deem anyone "a total Dick" and I haven't seen that. I admit I don't know a hell of a lot about him, I may have missed something that would change my general good impression. But I also don't judge people easily.
    I'm certain there are bound to be actors you don't like ? For whatever reason.
    all I'm asking is to be granted the right that you give yourself. Even if I don't like
    an actor because of the way they part their hair, that's fine, everybody can't like
    everybody.
    I've obviously hit a nerve by posting my dislike of Crowe, I'm guessing you're a fan.
    I also dislike Seth Rogan and Jim Carrey.
    To be honest I don't know why I have to defend myself, some actors you like some
    you don't
    I'll know in future to keep my movie opinions to myself, I'm dreading a thread on
    "vegtables you dislike ", and have to explain why I hate carrots.
    edited June 2016 Posts: 40,868
    No nerves hit at all, I just always find it interesting to discuss missing out on movies with people who refuse to watch a particular actor's work for a reason outside of them being a horrible actor, is all. No need to get worked up.
  • edited June 2016 Posts: 2,081
    @Thunderpussy, no need to get so defensive about it in general, nobody was attacking you personally, and of course you don't need to "defend yourself" on this. It's just a discussion. Obviously not liking actors for whatever reason is everyone's right. Everyone has actors they don't particularly care to watch - especially if they're leads in a movie. I was merely surprised by the seriousness in this case, and was asking about that, since I didn't see where it was coming from. Disliking someone as an actor and not wanting to watch their movies for that reason is comparable to, for instance, not liking somebody's voice, and not listening to records they sing on for that reason even if the music was okay otherwise. But I was just wondering what makes him such a horrible person in your opinion - to the extent that you refuse to watch movies he's in for that reason. I don't feel that way about any actors, so I was curious. I assumed it could be discussed. Nothing personal.

edit: what @Creasy47 said.
    I'm sorry @Tuulia my post wasn't in response to you but rather @Creasy47 as he was
    the one who seemed the most interested. My wife for instance hates Pierce Brosnan.
    She doesn't know why, he just doesn't push her buttons, and I accept that, I've never
    tried to get her to change her mind.
    Although I will keep my opinions on actors to myself in future, I'm here for some fun
    and a laugh, which I had loads of today with many MI6 agents. I hate confrontation
    of any kind, so will stick to posting a few bad jokes. ;)