• DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Full trailer arriving tomorrow:

romulus-1.jpg?resize=768%2C960&ssl=1

This is such a cool poster!
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited June 3 Posts: 40,844
    Simple and effective!

Also, Elle Fanning is set to star in the next film in the Predator universe, Badlands:

https://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/3814738/badlands-elle-fanning-starring-in-next-predator-movie/
    Very good news, all of it. PREY was good. I am up for these new films. Good things are happening.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Full trailer arriving tomorrow:

romulus-1.jpg?resize=768%2C960&ssl=1

Love that poster!
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland

mLOkQQXQFyGH6ZmJqGjis0gyse7qqV.jpg
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Alien Romulus looks great, it was a turn the lights off volume on loud watch trailer moment for me.
    It's rare that a horror film can make me genuinely feel sick but The Coffee Table did it for me this weekend. It's a tight 90 minutes that are billed as a "dark comedy," but after the opening 10-15 minutes, there's almost nothing objectively funny about it. To say any more would only ruin what comes next, so if you ever are looking to ruin the good day you're having, seek this one out and watch it blind. It's wild.
    It's rare that a horror film can make me genuinely feel sick but The Coffee Table did it for me this weekend. It's a tight 90 minutes that are billed as a "dark comedy," but after the opening 10-15 minutes, there's almost nothing objectively funny about it. To say any more would only ruin what comes next, so if you ever are looking to ruin the good day you're having, seek this one out and watch it blind. It's wild.

I do believe that's a challenge.
    I do believe that I have just accepted it.
    I do believe that I shall let you know how I felt about it. ;-)
    DarthDimi wrote: »

I do believe that's a challenge.
    I do believe that I have just accepted it.
    I do believe that I shall let you know how I felt about it. ;-)

I do believe I am very excited to hear your thoughts on it. Don't even bother looking up a plot synopsis, just...begin.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Quentin Tarantino on 'Psycho II' (1983)

It looks like we may finally get our first trailer for Robert Eggers' Nosferatu this week:

https://www.worldofreel.com/blog/2024/6/16/trailer-for-robert-eggers-nosferatu-this-week
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    It looks like we may finally get our first trailer for Robert Eggers' Nosferatu this week:

https://www.worldofreel.com/blog/2024/6/16/trailer-for-robert-eggers-nosferatu-this-week
    giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952zl95y5wn4fuvktncs4rw2dt83rivpxh9p68zlx7w&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g
    Can't wait. May be my most anticipated film of the year.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Wasn't aware this had been canned. A shame, but it sounds like a bit of a disaster:
    060424-Pamela-Voorhees-Image.jpg?resize=1024%2C576&ssl=1

https://www.thewrap.com/crystal-lake-friday-the-13th-series-why-shut-down-bryan-fuller-a24/
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    I had no idea it'd been cancelled either! Bryan fuller never seems to have any luck. I can't act too disappointed, though, as I am more interested in the F13 film series being relaunched. Which has also been too quiet of late.....
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited June 25 Posts: 5,931

4193_D037_00113_R.jpg
    4193_D035_00267_R3.jpg
    nosferatu-5463683.jpg
    4193_D045_00048_R.jpg
    4193_D001_00151_R.jpg
    Nosfertatu looks incredible.
    Sooooo ready for Nosferatu, and always eager to see whatever Eggers has cooking next! Also, super ready for MaXXXine!
    Man, that film looks so good! I can't wait.
    Well, I went to see MaXXXine tonight. I’ve got to be honest, while not a bad experience, I was disappointed and felt it did not measure up to the other two in the trilogy. They did a terrific job with the atmosphere and sleaziness and gore, but the narrative was a bit of a mess, particularly the sloppy final act. Mia Goth herself is the best part, and she completes a hat trick of great performances in this trilogy. I would rank them as Pearl > X > MaXXXine, giving the former two 8 or 8.5/10s and the final one either a 6.5 or a 7/10. It was a very fun trilogy, though I wish the last one had gotten more time to cook in the oven.
    @FoxRox
    I have yet to see the film, but I'm at least happy to read in your post that MaXXXine is still good if not great. To me, that's a victory for Ti West. My biggest fear, in truth, was that the third film would end up bad. Good but somewhat disappointing is something I can live with, considering how strong both X and Pearl are.
    Only one day remains until I'm in theaters, ready for Longlegs to scare the living daylights out of me. I can't stress enough how excited I am for this film.
    28 Years Later has wrapped filming, with its sequel set to begin filming next month.
    @Creasy47

How was Longlegs?
    FoxRox wrote: »
    @Creasy47

How was Longlegs?

Very, very good! It wasn't the perfect masterpiece I was hoping it'd be - not enough Cage, with an underwhelming ending that was exposition city and also a sort of genre twist that I didn't particularly like - but still very, very creepy and atmospheric. The blocking, the cinematography, the sound design were all top notch and made the trip to the theater worth every penny.

I read this morning it's the most successful indie release in theaters over the last decade. Very impressive!
    @Creasy47

How was Longlegs?

Very, very good! It wasn't the perfect masterpiece I was hoping it'd be - not enough Cage, with an underwhelming ending that was exposition city and also a sort of genre twist that I didn't particularly like - but still very, very creepy and atmospheric. The blocking, the cinematography, the sound design were all top notch and made the trip to the theater worth every penny.

I read this morning it's the most successful indie release in theaters over the last decade. Very impressive!

Nice! I had a lot of interest, though I may wait until a home release before I see it. I limit my theater trips because of the cost, and I’m wanting to go see Alien Romulus this upcoming month and marathon the others.
    @Creasy47

How was Longlegs?

Nice! I had a lot of interest, though I may wait until a home release before I see it. I limit my theater trips because of the cost, and I’m wanting to go see Alien Romulus this upcoming month and marathon the others.

That's a very smart choice. I've been trying to rewatch them all as well before Romulus releases, I want to go see that one opening weekend.

Posting this just because I thought of it and it’s one of my favorite moments of any horror movie. Best small detail is the antenna sticking out of Freddy’s head.