Who should/could be a Bond actor?

Comments

• talos7talos7 New Orleans
    peter wrote: »
    007HallY wrote: »
    Bentley007 wrote: »
    ColonelSun wrote: »
    mtm wrote: »
    I can't imagine a delay would be down to an actor. Actors can always be found: look at TLD - they lost their 007 actor and just got another one without rescheduling the film.

I couldn't agree more. Very true.

Unless they have an actor they 100 per cent want and are willing to schedule around him.

I hope this is the case rather than them not viewing any of the currently suitable actors as a fit

I’d be surprised if they didn’t have a few names in mind. I suspect some have even been informally approached. I just can’t imagine they’ll go into this not having thought about which actors could be good/trying to see how interested they’d be beforehand.

The issue is you can’t really do any casting without a pre-production and a director attached.

And a script, lol!

Details, details…
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    Do we have any news on the script? Have they begun working on it yet?
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Jordo007 wrote: »

As @talos7 rightly said: details, details ( 😂)!
  • SecretAgentMan⁰⁰⁷SecretAgentMan⁰⁰⁷ Lekki, Lagos, Nigeria
    Don't know if another reason for the delay could be Amazon having their own direction for Bond, and EON having theirs. Not that it's a sour disagreement, maybe each trying to convince the other that their way is right for Bond. I can easily imagine Amazon wanting to throw big money on screen to make an outlandish Bond film in the vein of Lewis Gilbert, but EON wanting something slightly grounded.

I could imagine there's a difference of opinion going on. We pretty much know that Amazon want TV Bond and Eon don't, for example.

Yeah.
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    Jordo007 wrote: »

As @talos7 rightly said: details, details ( 😂)!

😂 that's cool mate. I'm sure our patience will pay off
  • edited July 19 Posts: 3,744
    007HallY wrote: »
    Bentley007 wrote: »
    ColonelSun wrote: »
    I can't imagine a delay would be down to an actor. Actors can always be found: look at TLD - they lost their 007 actor and just got another one without rescheduling the film.

I couldn't agree more. Very true.

Unless they have an actor they 100 per cent want and are willing to schedule around him.

I hope this is the case rather than them not viewing any of the currently suitable actors as a fit

I’d be surprised if they didn’t have a few names in mind. I suspect some have even been informally approached. I just can’t imagine they’ll go into this not having thought about which actors could be good/trying to see how interested they’d be beforehand.

The issue is you can’t really do any casting without a pre-production and a director attached.

And a script, lol!

True! Left off that part 😂

But yeah, I suspect there needs to be a project announcement (with release date perhaps), a director/writers attached, and the script/pre-production in the works before they can go into casting. That’s how it generally works anyway.
    There's real hunger for Bond, though. I even read an early rumour that Raye is to sing Bond 26's theme song. I think secretly, EON would be very happy with the public's energetic reactions to all the unconfirmed rumours, because it means people around the world are more than hungry for James Bond.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    There's real hunger for Bond, though. I even read an early rumour that Raye is to sing Bond 26's theme song. I think secretly, EON would be very happy with the public's energetic reactions to all the unconfirmed rumours, because it means people around the world are more than hungry for James Bond.

Yeah absolutely (I'm totally onboard for Raye, incidentally!).

Yeah absolutely (I'm totally onboard for Raye, incidentally!).

Yeah. Raye is good.
    meshypushy wrote: »
    Venutius wrote: »
    Ah, right, I get you. Yeah, fair enough, mate. For myself, I can only see one current actor with the potential to hold his own with past Bonds: Sope Dirisu. But, like Peter, I really doubt that'll happen. There's a few who clearly deserve a screentest, including Leo Suter and Theo James, although Theo's 40 so he's on the brink of ageing out already, same as Aidan Turner. Have to say, I don't like Mescal for it but, again, I can see why others might.
    I don’t fancy Mescal or ATJ but I certainly wouldn’t complain if the likes of Sope, James, Lowden, Egerton, Turner etc were to be cast. I didn’t realise James was 40 - he looks younger than that. I haven’t seen enough of Suter but from the little I have seen, he certainly looks like he has potential. Some very interesting candidates have been discussed here.
    I think back to the likes of Ewan McGregor, Clive Owen, Gerard Butler and Julian McMahon who were rumoured to be in contention last time around - they were bloody grim times when considering what a post-Brosnan future looked like!

Yeah but there were rumours about James Purefoy, Jason Isaacs, a then too young but seemingly promising Henry Cavill...

Twitter is not real life.

That's why Daniel Craig worked. ;)
    There was talk about getting a legacy band like the Foo Fighters. That would be epic.
  • I watched Chernobyl the other day. Barry Keoghan was in it. A decent actor but I couldn't see him as Bond. He pulled off the Russian peasant well enough.
  • edited July 20 Posts: 9,830
    For me if i have to be honest looking at the last two times we were between bond actors we got better stuff

Between dalton and brosnan we got the following (doing this from memory)

6 books that were set in modern times
    3 video games (2 james bond jr games and james bond the duel)
    1 season of an animated show

Between Brosnan and Craig
    We got (again from memory)
    4 young bond novels
    3 adult bond novels
    3 video games (including one with Connery as Bond)

Between Craig and Bond #7 (either ATJ or Paul Mescal)
    Uhm
    1 novel
    3 novels of other 00’s
    Now a novel about Q as a detective
    And a few bond comic book series
    Oh and one james bond mobile game

Sorry but this is well kind of frustrating

Look if we had more stuff to discuss (new bond adult novels more video games hell an animated series based on the higson books) there would be more to enjoy and discuss while we wait

But as it stands its kind of baren and i am just frustrated

Now i know they have script writers and from a business stand point i know they are looking at what is the modern trend of action films but still give us something while we wait and no not M’s Gardening book
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Risico007 wrote: »
    Uhm
    1 novel
    3 novels of other 00’s

I think we'll add much more to this list before Bond #7 - so perhaps it's a little premature to compare this gap to the previous ones. Granted, it is frustrating if you don't have a lot of interest in spinoffs and refuse to subscribe to Apple Arcade. I'm hanging for a new game and canon novels mainly. How about socks? Would some 007Store socks satisfy that hunger? Didn't think so.
    give us something while we wait and no not M’s Gardening book
    How about Jack Wade's Russian gardening magazines? You could learn how to grow potatoes while you wait.

53869179301_359745e476_o.png
    QBranch wrote: »
    Uhm
    1 novel
    3 novels of other 00’s

I think we'll add much more to this list before Bond #7 - so perhaps it's a little premature to compare this gap to the previous ones. Granted, it is frustrating if you don't have a lot of interest in spinoffs and refuse to subscribe to Apple Arcade. I'm hanging for a new game and canon novels mainly. How about socks? Would some 007Store socks satisfy that hunger? Didn't think so.
    give us something while we wait and no not M’s Gardening book
    How about Jack Wade's Russian gardening magazines? You could learn how to grow potatoes while you wait.

53869179301_359745e476_o.png

Yeah socks and 007 race to a million are not good

007 cypher is amazing though a fun game if i do say so myself but not enough

I cant wait for Bill tanners sock and drinks guide
    Not that I have anything against Bond socks (I think the 2CV socks are fun). I'm highly disappointed we don't have a physical copy of Cypher complete with packaging.
  • BennyBenny Shaken not stirredAdministrator, Moderator
    I watched Chernobyl the other day. Barry Keoghan was in it. A decent actor but I couldn't see him as Bond. He pulled off the Russian peasant well enough.

If Barry Keoghan was cast as James Bond, I think I’d walk.
    I’m all for giving an actor a chance but I don’t like Keoghan as an actor. I think he’s very overrated.
    Barry Keoghan, he could play a young Max Kalba or typical Bond henchman with a unique face.
    He might not have the face or the height, but he has great boxing techniques.
  • buddyoldchapbuddyoldchap Formerly known as JeremyBondon

To do what exactly? Hit knees?

Well, he could make a good adversary. I've seen most of the contenders punching a bag, this guy looks like the one who can fight.
  • buddyoldchapbuddyoldchap Formerly known as JeremyBondon

Well, he could make a good adversary. I've seen most of the contenders punching a bag, this guy looks like the one who can fight.

Tbf, like Benny(?) I find him vastly overrated and highly annoying in his acting, a try hard, but not in a good way. To each his own.

Tbf, like Benny(?) I find him vastly overrated and highly annoying in his acting, a try hard, but not in a good way. To each his own.

Oh I don't know about that, I've never seen his films, apart from the Joker cameo.
    In order to diversify the suggestions somewhat, has anyone already proposed the name of Fabien Frankel? Not that he would necessarily be my first choice for the role, but he is currently one of the main characters in a popular series (HBO's House of the Dragon), without being too famous yet.
    MV5BYTM2MTI2NDktMzgxMS00NzA1LTkyMzAtZTk1OGY4OWMyODVjXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjk3NTUyOTc@._V1_.jpg
    I think Keoghan loves to play his roles with a sense of unpredictability. I remember watching The Eternals, and wasn't sure if he was good or bad or I was expecting him to make a surprise nefarious move. He's good at what he does. I think he found that acting style of his in The Green Knight. What appears to rule him out for Bond, isn't his facial appearance, but his height and petite look.
    I've said a couple of times that after watching Saltburn I thought Keoghan would make a better Bond than Jacob Elordi (although I acknowledge neither are likely to get the role). He could conceivably play a villain I guess, but he might be heading into typecasting territory with that (he usually plays weird loners more broadly, but I think he actually has a lot of range as an actor. Good physicality too, and he is legitimately a boxer).
    Keoghan looks like a stalker. Where are the handsome guys?
  • edited July 21 Posts: 3,744
    Keoghan looks like a stalker. Where are the handsome guys?

Well, I suspect you think that because he plays stalkers and weirdos usually (then there's the bad haircuts he has to play such characters, his acting when playing them etc.) He's a good looking guy.
  • He has an interesting face, but it's a big stretch to call him handsome.