Would you rather an animated Bond series or movie OR a time period Bond set in the 1950's or 60's?

Comments

• QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    I'll take pants over showing too much of the upper leg any day, so leisure suit it is.
    Blue terry onesie in GF. At least it seems practical.
    thedove wrote: »
    Lets keep the outfit showdown going! This one features the same colour.

Would you rather wear blue terry onesie GF OR a baby blue leisure suit LALD?

Remember you have to chose the one you would RATHER wear. Even if it's unlikely. :)

2216d47886ec13830b28872e522d4afa--blue-playsuit-romper.jpg

Leisure-Suit.jpg

The onesie. If I had Connery's body it would look better, but Moore's trousers... no. Just no.
    Feeling the urge to write in Connery's blue polo shirt and jeans in DN.

CrabKey.png

But out of the two I'll go leisure suit. Not that these are two things I'd personally ever wear!
  • VenutiusVenutius Yorkshire
    edited July 21 Posts: 3,102
    Sir Rog's double sky-blue with flares is unconscionable, but if anyone - anyone - other than Connery had worn the GF onesie, it would've tanked the whole series! Under duress, it has to be the LALD outfit. I'm not going outside in it, though, man.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Venutius wrote: »
    Sir Rog's double sky-blue with flares is unconscionable, but if anyone - anyone - other than Connery had worn the GF onesie, it would've tanked the whole series! Under duress, it has to be the LALD outfit. I'm not going outside in it, though, man.

😂 @Venutius !!!! Love the passion, 😂 !!!

have two answers on this one: my wife likes my legs, so for her only, I’ll do the onesie (I’ll do anything for a little lovin’), but if I was forced to be in public in either/or, I’ll do the LALD outfit.
    The baby blue leisure suit for sure, only because it would conceal my freakishly pale legs! :))
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    I'd go for the onesie and not worry about how I look!
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited July 21 Posts: 16,000
    ColonelSun wrote: »
    mtm wrote: »
    peter wrote: »
    Benny wrote: »
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    Apted was an excellent director to be fair, and had a big cultural impact; it's just that Bond perhaps wasn't in his wheelhouse.

I think Apted was a good actor's director, but action wasn't his forte. That shouldn't have been an issue either, since the Bond family has its second units and action crew and such. I prefer the action of TND and DAD to the action of TWINE.

That was the problem, I guess. This movie has "two directors".

Every big action film you’ve watched, minus Nolan, has a second unit director in place to shoot the action.

(Hence why some ppl think Nolan’s action sequences were a little lacking).

True, but in TWINE it’s quite noticeable.
    Apted was good at character stuff, and Vic Armstrong the second unit.
    But meshing it all together didn’t seem to work.

I'd blame that more on Armstrong. I thought by TWINE his talents as a second unit were lazy and uninteresting.

I think the low point is the ski chase: shot in big wide shots from half a mile away with not very fast-moving skiers, it's one of the most deathly Bond action scenes, especially as it's really unimportant to the plot, and you really feel it.

I saw the original cut of the ski chase - a good mate was one of the editing team on the film - and it was far superior to the final version. It had a much faster pace, sharper editing, more rugged feel, but for some reason they smoothed it all out and, in doing so, lost the urgency and pace.

Just because we were talking about the TWINE ski chase a few pages back in this thread, here's the wonderful Tom Mason showing how the leaden score of that scene really doesn't help it:

Mind you, it's still quite amazing to watch- so many of the shots don't even seem to fit together. That bit where Bond is being followed through the forest bit: suddenly there's a close up of Pierce and he's not in the forest, then it cuts back to the stuntman and he's still in there (?)- and Bond escapes a grenade being dropped on him just by pushing on his poles and suddenly doing a rather casual jump. Eh?!
  • peterpeter Toronto

That’s because you’re a stud and you know you’d look just as cool in the onesie as Connery did, whereas all of us *have* to worry about what we’d look like because the reaction would be devastating, 😞
  • peterpeter Toronto

That’s because you’re a stud and you know you’d look just as cool in the onesie as Connery did, whereas all of us *have* to worry about what we’d look like because the reaction would be devastating, 😞

😂 😝 😂

• mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Haha! If only!
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Haha! If only!

😂 I don’t know how Connery pulled it off, he was just that damn cool!!!
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Apted was an excellent director to be fair, and had a big cultural impact; it's just that Bond perhaps wasn't in his wheelhouse.

I think Apted was a good actor's director, but action wasn't his forte. That shouldn't have been an issue either, since the Bond family has its second units and action crew and such. I prefer the action of TND and DAD to the action of TWINE.

Every big action film you’ve watched, minus Nolan, has a second unit director in place to shoot the action.

I'd blame that more on Armstrong. I thought by TWINE his talents as a second unit were lazy and uninteresting.

I think the low point is the ski chase: shot in big wide shots from half a mile away with not very fast-moving skiers, it's one of the most deathly Bond action scenes, especially as it's really unimportant to the plot, and you really feel it.

I saw the original cut of the ski chase - a good mate was one of the editing team on the film - and it was far superior to the final version. It had a much faster pace, sharper editing, more rugged feel, but for some reason they smoothed it all out and, in doing so, lost the urgency and pace.

Just because we were talking about the TWINE ski chase a few pages back in this thread, here's the wonderful Tom Mason showing how the leaden score of that scene really doesn't help it:

Mind you, it's still quite amazing to watch- so many of the shots don't even seem to fit together. That bit where Bond is being followed through the forest bit: suddenly there's a close up of Pierce and he's not in the forest, then it cuts back to the stuntman and he's still in there (?)- and Bond escapes a grenade being dropped on him just by pushing on his poles and suddenly doing a rather casual jump. Eh?!

Yeah, but why does this still work better than the actual OST??? 😂!!

But you’re right, this wasn’t well edited (and not directed very well either)…
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    I'd go for the baby blue leisure suit from LALD :)
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Leisure suit, considering the era, it really isn’t that bad; it’s kind of a predecessor to the Miami Vice look.
  • morcarvicmorcarvic france
    absolutely the onesie as we call it today purely because as its terrytowelling its practical for beachwear,its a no brainer i dont think practical wear should be dictated by changeing fashion.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom

I think Arnold can be great, but he did a poor job with that ski chase- his music actually makes it duller.
  • peterpeter Toronto

I think Arnold can be great, but he did a poor job with that ski chase- his music actually makes it duller.

It certainly slows down the proceedings, that’s for sure.

I loved Arnold’s work for QoS. Showed some depth and layers and seemingly stretched him creatively.
    I already own the blue onesie that Orlebar Brown released, so this is an easy answer for me.
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    GF onesie. It's out there, but I like it.

The LALD one is not my cup of tea...
    The onsie all the way.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    I must say that I am shocked by the strong support for the onesie
  • thedovethedove hiding in the Greek underworld
    Lets have a battle of summer suits! Which one would you rather wear?

Georges' look from OHMSS

Lazenby-Cream-Suit-3.jpg

Sir Roger's look from FYEO

For-Your-Eyes-Only-Light-Brown-Suit-2.jpg

Both have a nice summer feel to them. Never caught it before but the tie worn by George is knitted. :)
  • peterpeter Toronto
    I’m going George’s suit for this one.
    Some of George's costumes are a bit too colourful for me personally. This isn't as bad as the frilly tuxedo shirt, but it's not my thing. Not to say Moore's suit is great, but it's more preferable to me.
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    George's!

I think that's my favourite Bond outfit of them all!

At a certain point, I want to get myself tailored something similar, atm though I don't have the wallet the do it properly, so it'll have to wait :P
  • VenutiusVenutius Yorkshire
    Is Sir Rog sporting flares?
  • thedovethedove hiding in the Greek underworld
    It was 1981 @Venutius and I believe that was still in fashion for the time. I can't find a full shot of the pants and suit jacket.
    George's