Would you rather an animated Bond series or movie OR a time period Bond set in the 1950's or 60's?

Comments

• SIS_HQSIS_HQ At the Vauxhall Headquarters
    George's one, please, formal but still stylish, I guess.

The 1981 suit one could make me look old despite of me being young, if that makes sense, looked a bit centennial. 😅
  • VenutiusVenutius Yorkshire
    edited July 22 Posts: 3,102
    thedove wrote: »
    It was 1981 @Venutius and I believe that was still in fashion for the time. I can't find a full shot of the pants and suit jacket.
    Flares died in '77 in the UK, mate - a deserving and much-reviled casualty of the Punk Wars. Er, it says ere...
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    Tim sports a great beige suit in the Tangiers scenes too btw, a worthy contender if you ask me...
    peter wrote: »
    I’m going George’s suit for this one.

Me too.
    Sir Rog for me. I'm not a fan of brown jackets, or brown as a clothes colour, but I like blue and like others have said George's suit is just too colourful.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Venutius wrote: »
    Is Sir Rog sporting flares?

NOt according to this site:
    https://www.bondsuits.com/light-brown-gabardine-suit-for-your-eyes-only/

I'll go for the Moore suit.
    Although I really like the one George is wearing, I have to go with Sir Roger's summer suit. A tailor once told me blue is the best colour for me, so the blue and brown combo would have been a better pick than white and pink.
  • thedovethedove hiding in the Greek underworld
    Lets do another one!

Would you rather wear the leather jacket from TND Or the coat from SF?

james-bond-leather-jacket-550x550h.jpg

James-Bond-Skyfall-Waxed-Jacket-Featured.jpg
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    edited July 23 Posts: 8,159
    They both make sense for their respective environments (wearing one in the other wouldn't be logical) and both actors look bloody great in those outfits, but I have a fondness for a leather jacket. So I'll go with Broz and TND in this case.
    TND
    TND.
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    TND no doubt, the one from SF I'm not too impressed with.
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    edited July 23 Posts: 2,641
    TND. That's probably one of the coolest pictures of Pierce's Bond as well

If it'd been the "enjoying death" jacket from earlier in the film, this would be more difficult.
  • SecretAgentMan⁰⁰⁷SecretAgentMan⁰⁰⁷ Lekki, Lagos, Nigeria
    Pierce, please.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited July 23 Posts: 16,000
    I’ve got the SF one, so that. I’m afraid I’ve always thought the TND one is horrid: it’s long and belted isn’t it? No way.
    I think it was by Wested?
    SF jacket , I think that's a much cooler shot than the Brossa one
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    Not a huge fan of leather jackets (although I do own a grey German Air Force one that is my pride and joy). I'd go for Pierce's as it has a WW1 flying-jacket look I like.
    mtm wrote: »
    I’ve got the SF one, so that. I’m afraid I’ve always thought the TND one is horrid: it’s long and belted isn’t it? No way.

Wested also did the Indy Jones jackets too (I have the Raiders one).
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom

Wested also did the Indy Jones jackets too (I have the Raiders one).

Me too; I actually have a couple of their replicas of the SF leather jacket too which I really like. They don't really match the leather of the real Levi's as it's such a specific look, but they're nice jackets in their own right. I do have a real Levi's one too, but I don't wear it much as it seems to be going up in value.
    Wested still make this TND jacket if anyone wants one. It gives off slight market trader vibes to me :D

The Pierce leather jacket I do quite like is the one from the DAD PTS. I mean, it's a kind of weird look, but I like it.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    I'm gonna go with the TND leather jacket because I can hide the folding rifle inside it. Kinda.

And a couple of these in the bottom pockets!

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/53875837970_d5064f9d1a_o.png
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Are you 3D printing them?
    @mtm I've printed a grenade to play around with, just making minor adjustments now. Thumbnail image shows version #6 CAD model which is the one I printed, and hopefully #7 is final. That is a 6-year passion project!
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Excellent; I'm sure they'll turn out great, like the rest of your projects! Do let us see when you're finished. They'll look great on the fridge!
    @mtm Thanks for the kind words mate. Choosing the paint colour is difficult because the PTS is washed out to look colder and it even looks different from shot to shot. What colour would you go with?
  • JustJamesJustJames London
    Erm. Pierce is wearing a leather coat.
    Craig is wearing a waxed cotton Barbour ‘jacket’. (Though both are long, therefore both are coats)
    In those pictures anyway.
    I think Craig wears a leather jacket earlier in SF though.

So am too confused.
    But I would have the Barbour as it’s more useful.
    thedove wrote: »
    Lets do another one!

Would you rather wear the leather jacket from TND Or the coat from SF?

james-bond-leather-jacket-550x550h.jpg

James-Bond-Skyfall-Waxed-Jacket-Featured.jpg

SF. I just find TND's coat a bit too elegant. Daniel looks more functional. And I love hunting/military looking clothes.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    QBranch wrote: »
    @mtm Thanks for the kind words mate. Choosing the paint colour is difficult because the PTS is washed out to look colder and it even looks different from shot to shot. What colour would you go with?

That's a good point; screengrabbing that shot and trying a white point correction actually has the grenade in the blue range- it's very tricky to tell. The colour in your shot looks a good match to me though.
    I'd love it if the Eon prop archives did a nice book with new studio photography of the things they have in there; the kind of thing Lucasfilm have done in the past. There's a few props I'd love to see better- like the 007 camera from MR!
    Yeah, auto colour shows it as a green-grey-blue but I think I'll leave the blue out. MR camera is in fact a cigarette lighter - none of the replicas out there have nailed what it looks like.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    QBranch wrote: »
    Yeah, auto colour shows it as a green-grey-blue but I think I'll leave the blue out. MR camera is in fact a cigarette lighter - none of the replicas out there have nailed what it looks like.

Yeah that's my thought too: I just don't buy that it's black as everyone seems to decide it is. Too big too.
  • SIS_HQSIS_HQ At the Vauxhall Headquarters

And I liked the blue turtleneck inside of that jacket, and it's so casual.