What Directors Should Helm A Bond Film?

1100101102103104106»

Comments

• Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    @HasanDafer Wow that trailer was quite something. Definitely going on my watchlist!
  • HasanDaferHasanDafer Baghdad, Iraq
    Red_Snow wrote: »
    @HasanDafer Wow that trailer was quite something. Definitely going on my watchlist!

Hope you like it!
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    peter wrote: »
    I wouldn’t expect a great Bond film from either of them. I do think they’d bring a level of prestige to the production that would make attracting other big names easier at a time when, having lost Daniel Craig, that could be an issue. One of those names attached to the production would be good PR, too (assuming that the general audience knows and cares who these guys are, which admittedly some have suggested may not be the case).

Agreed.

I dunno if either would necessarily make a Bond film I’d respond to (I’m not a fan of Nolan at all, so I’m sure I wouldn’t connect with any film he does), but it’s a savvy move.

And I’ve been convinced since February that B26 is DV’s to lose.

You're Canadian? Work in Canadian intelligence?

Seriously, though, I'd love to see a DV Bond film. And since he met for NTTD, he's okay with working with P&W.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    You're Canadian? Work in Canadian intelligence?

I am.

I do.

And I have a leak (my wife has bought me a year-long supply of Depends to hopefully help)…
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Well, a few days ago it was announced that Dune 3 was part of IMAX releases at the end of 2026.

A day later, DV stumbled through an interview and contradicted the belief of every announcement up until now:

https://deadline.com/2024/10/denis-villeneuve-dune-3-plans-1236119697/

His PR person was in his sight-line… Was he playing? Was he mixing up his years? Why did he seem perplexed?

Either IMAX, and everyone else who was calling for a 2026 release, is mistaken, or DV doesn’t know his own shooting schedule!

If what he says is true, I think that wipes him out on everything I heard re: his relationship with B26, or; everyone else is right (with an expectation of D3 releasing in Dec 2026, including in IMAX), and he confused dates. If it’s the latter, I’ll hold firm on my original prediction that he’s still the director of B26.

But at this point, color me very surprised…

(His schedule, and Bond, is getting harder to predict than the weather at this point)
    I suppose it depends on when Bond 26 gets going, but I think it seems like a bit of a tall order for Villeneuve to do Dune 3 and that one, considering how involved in pre-production and casting the director is for Bond. I’m fine not getting Villeneuve though - I’m not too keen on him. But I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt if he’s picked.
  • Bentley007Bentley007 Manitoba, Canada
    It does seem like he has a packed schedule already. Bond26 will not be something he can just squeeze in after Dune 3. Perhaps this is the reason for his confusion as of late. It would be great to have him launch this next era of Bond but if it is not his primary focus it may impact the production of the film. We have had enough production challenges between Spectre and NTTD so EON may prioritize a path with less risk.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    I told you, we won't see B26 until 2028 at the earliest. The idea that EON were going to decide on where to take the series, write and finalise a new script, find a director, cast the film including a new Bond, go into production, wrap shooting, edit and grade the film in the next 3 years was always pie in the sky thinking. Even more bizarre is thinking Denis Villeneuve was gonna do all that AFTER completing work on Dune Messiah, and, all within 3 years.

I think we need to start and get realistic, Bond 26 probably won't have any connection to any of the notable directors, or any of the notable choices to play Bond. I think when we do get a film way down the line, it will most likely be a smaller, less risky endeavour to reestablish Bond's commercial viability. I can only see the budget of the next film reach max 170 - 180 million US.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    edited October 18 Posts: 9,469
    I told you, we won't see B26 until 2028 at the earliest. The idea that EON were going to decide on where to take the series, write and finalise a new script, find a director, cast the film including a new Bond, go into production, wrap shooting, edit and grade the film in the next 3 years was always pie in the sky thinking. Even more bizarre is thinking Denis Villeneuve was gonna do all that AFTER completing work on Dune Messiah, and, all within 3 years.

I think we need to start and get realistic, Bond 26 probably won't have any connection to any of the notable directors, or any of the notable choices to play Bond. I think when we do get a film way down the line, it will most likely be a smaller, less risky endeavour to reestablish Bond's commercial viability. I can only see the budget of the next film reach max 170 - 180 million US.

I didn’t change my virw on when B26 is being released, @Mendes4Lyfe Do you read posts? Or do you wanna be “right” so bad you come on here and make word salads predictions?!!

So now you have the opportunity to take money from me!!I’ll ask a second time, take the bet:

Bond 26 will be released in 2027 (most likely in October)... I’m just not sure if it’s DV directing (his statement to Baz is confusing quite a number of ppl as both Warner’s and IMAX said his latest instalment will be released December of 2026).

So, take the bet with me:

Bond 26 in 2027. If it doesn’t get a release until that year passes, you get a hundred pounds from me.

If it is released in 2027, you better pay up.

But you’re so certain this’ll be easy money, mate.so take the bet!
  • peterpeter Toronto

I didn’t change my virw on when B26 is being released, @Mendes4Lyfe Do you read posts? Or do you wanna be “right” so bad you come on here and make word salads predictions?!!

So now you have the opportunity to take money from me!!I’ll ask a second time, take the bet:

Bond 26 will be released in 2027 (most likely in October)... I’m just not sure if it’s DV directing (his statement to Baz is confusing quite a number of ppl as both Warner’s and IMAX said his latest instalment will be released December of 2026).

Bond 26 in 2027. If it doesn’t get a release until that year passes, you get a hundred pounds from me.

Edit: @Mendes4Lyfe … is that the sound of crickets I’m hearing? For a second time? Really?!! I’ll happily pay a bet that I lose, and listen, I’ll make this really easy for you:

Take the bet, but if (when) you lose, you won’t have to pay me. But if I lose, I will pay you.

How about that? This is basically free money and bragging rights for you! I’ll happily pay and accept the loss!

For someone who knows so much, plus, you won’t have to pay if and when you lose, AND you’ll be able to stomp up and down in your virtual world boasting how your wild guess was so accurate, this is the easiest thing to accept. C’mon Mendes, give your peas a little tug and get on with it and accept something you are all but guaranteed to win!!

• ArapahoeBondFanArapahoeBondFan Colorado

Edit: @Mendes4Lyfe … is that the sound of crickets I’m hearing? For a second time? Really?!! I’ll happily pay a bet that I lose, and listen, I’ll make this really easy for you:

Take the bet, but if (when) you lose, you won’t have to pay me. But if I lose, I will pay you.

How about that? This is basically free money and bragging rights for you! I’ll happily pay and accept the loss!

For someone who knows so much, plus, you won’t have to pay if and when you lose, AND you’ll be able to stomp up and down in your virtual world boasting how your wild guess was so accurate, this is the easiest thing to accept. C’mon Mendes, give your peas a little tug and get on with it and accept something you are all but guaranteed to win!!

Well do keep us updated.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    @Mendes4Lyfe has 24 hours to reply to a bet he can't lose, and if he does, he still wins, cuz I won't take his money! But I'm waiting for him to give a tug and reply, but I fear I'll only hear crickets...

Everything to win, and he still won't take the bet.

And I'm in no way a sore loser: I will pay him and graciously accept defeat (in the end, I'll just be happy to have a new Bond film).

But this is the second time I've offered for him to take my money, and after his bluster and puffed out chest, he seems to vanish.

This time, the bet is far easier, with all the risks on me, and yet.... 🦗 🦗 🦗
    I feel we need a specific prediction thread about Bond 26 at this rate! It’ll be funny seeing in hindsight some of the things many of us come out with/what turns out to be right and wrong (and incidentally I’d say I’ve made some pretty spectacularly wrong predictions about Bond in the past! It’s why I try not to make any despite my best efforts).
  • peterpeter Toronto

Well do keep us updated.

The window has closed on @Mendes4Lyfe . He had an opportunity to make free money from me. That’s two chances I gave him!!

I guess he doesn’t believe his own words?

I’m also guessing some ppl wanna be so right, so badly, that they’re too afraid of being found wrong.

Sigh.

I have absolutely zero idea if my prediction will come to fruition. I only repeat it because that’s what I’ve been consistently told by ppl with way more knowledge than me, and anything they’ve told me, that I’ve often times put up here, was the truth. Rarely were they wrong.

But I’ve no idea, lol. It seemed reasonable with a time line. And I’d still put my money behind them, then the “influencers” that Mendes worships.

Oh well, fun while it lasted.

I supposed a pin has been put into Mendes for now….until the next time, lol.