The Deleted Scenes Thread

13»

Comments

Here's a great link to an awesome page I found discussing some of the deleted scenes.

http://www.patfullerton.com/007/deleted-scenes/unseenbond.html
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    A Deleted Scene from The Man with The Golden Gun can be seen in the trailer at 1:20

It's also mentioned in the link @00Beast added above.
  • edited January 2014 Posts: 42
    I haven't read all the posts here but I've noticed some footage in the Tunderball Trailer of Domino laughing all dressed up with a drink in hand.
    On link here on 1:06

The Connery line with Paluzzi in the bathroom included in another trailer is often mentioned as it was cut and later put in You only live twice, in a scene with miss Brandt.
    "The things I do for England"
    on 1:51

Roger Moore has a similiar line with Kristina Wayborn in an Octopussy trailer
    on 1:35 (in a weirdly cranked up snog)

But that's not what I wanted to discuss rather the first mentioned clip of Domino. Does anyone know more about that footage?
    I know that Thunderball was very much created by Peter Hunt in the editing room as Terence Young filmed rather a lot of footage and left the reels to Peter hunt to sort the final cut out by himself.

• MrBondMrBond Station S
    Forceland wrote:
    I haven't read all the posts here but I've noticed some footage in the Tunderball Trailer of Domino laughing all dressed up with a drink in hand.
    On link here on 1:06

The Connery line with Paluzzi in the bathroom included in another trailer is often mentioned as it was cut and later put in You only live twice, in a scene with miss Brandt.
    "The things I do for England"
    on 1:51

Roger Moore has a similiar line with Kristina Wayborn in an Octopussy trailer
    on 1:35 (in a weirdly cranked up snog)

But that's not what I wanted to discuss rather the firt mentioned clip of Domino. Does anyone know more about that footage?
    I know that Thunderball was very much created by Peter Hunt in the editing room as Terence Young filmed rather a lot of footage and left the reels to Peter hunt to sort the final cut out by himself.

I have no idea of the context of that particular scene, but i've heard that the part from the book where Domino talks about the Players cigarettes and how the man on the package have effected her life were at least planned to be in the film. So perhaps it's that scene?

In the book that was the first scene where she and Bond met and had a drink for the first time, in a restaurant outside Nassau.
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    I´d love to know something about that Thunderball scene!! :O
  • I dunno if this is the correct thread to post this. Several years ago, I don't remember if it was in the old forum on in another Bond forum, I said that I would have loved to see that deleted footage of OHMMS where Lazenby chases a SPECTRE operative (I think it actually was Sir Hillary's assistant) through some roofs until the goon falls to his death in a train station. But Lazenby broke his arms during the shooting and they just cut it.

Someone told me the scene wasn't nothing to write home about, but I'm still curious. Anyone knows more about it?
  • edited February 2014 Posts: 1,009

Tried and, well, no comment but THANK YOU!!! >:D<

These guys really worked on it. All these are great tributes and are quite enlightening about how these scenes should have worked. However, as you said in the post, man, those Illuminati-like theories... Are they high on something? I hope they're just joking...
    Bit of a noob mistake but I posted a question in the "James Bond Questions Thread" that should probably have been more appropriately put here. I was asking about a scene involving Connery, the DB5, a traffic warden and revolving number plates. Just wondering in what context I could have seen it on TV sometime in the late 70's - mid-80's? Was TB (or perhaps GF) ever broadcast by ITV with this scene included?
    WSD77 wrote:
    Was TB (or perhaps GF) ever broadcast by ITV with this scene included?
    As far as i know its never been shown on TV,i'm not sure it ever got to be the finished product.

I've never heard of that scene and I've followed broadcasts by ITV for many years. they were notorious for cutting the films badly so if anything you would see less footage, not more.

Separately, I was listening to the YOLT commentary recently and it became apparent that there would have been some scenes with Jan Werich as he completed a weeks worth of filming before he was replaced.
    I found this, there are a huge list of deleted scenes here : http://www.commander007.net/orbis/deleted-scenes-english-version/
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    barryt007 wrote: »
    Out of all of them i think the LTK and DAF ones should have been left in,it would have benefitted LTK without spoiling the completed film and it would have fleshed out DAF a lot more ,especially with the death of Shady Tree and the scenes with Plenty.

A little of Plenty was plenty.
  • thedovethedove hiding in the Greek underworld
    It is a great shame that in older films that did save the deleted scenes and often lost them.

Here are some of the scenes that I think were filmed but have yet to appear in any form:
    • GF a mystery man is seen in the plane fight during the ending of GF.
    • TB Largo takes Bond on a tour of the Disco Volante
    • OHMSS Bond chases a SPECTRE agent through London rooftops
    • TMWTGG Bond and Scaramanga start the duel on the beach and share a few lines

Any other deleted scenes that we have heard of but have been rarely seen or never seen.
    Having now seen the flying carpet from TLD and the cricket game from CR, excellent judgment to delete both. The former is almost as bad as the gondola scene, and the other interrupts the timing and flow of the scene.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited July 2023 Posts: 16,000
    Yeah maybe it could have been re-edited in some fashion to be more exciting, but the way Bond basically has a nice sit-down whilst the carpet very slowly slides along the wires would have killed the energy of his escape, I agree.
    Also it reveals how weirdly long Bond's socks are for Tangier :D

DnegJ2BXcAAiJSP?format=jpg&name=small

I'm still not even convinced about the boat shoes/socks combo even before that...

The deleted scene at the jail with M bailing out Bond looks more suited to a Pink Panther Movie than a Bond film. Seems I agree with John Glen! Although the signature turning to fire is pretty cool.

• echoecho 007 in New York
    thedove wrote: »
    It is a great shame that in older films that did save the deleted scenes and often lost them.

Here are some of the scenes that I think were filmed but have yet to appear in any form:

Any other deleted scenes that we have heard of but have been rarely seen or never seen.

What's that GF mystery man one? New to me.
  • echo wrote: »
    thedove wrote: »

What's that GF mystery man one? New to me.

I assume the “Mystery Man” refers to a goon that was standing behind Goldfinger after he removes the curtains on the plane to confront Bond. The goon is later seen lying dead on the floor after Bond defeats Goldfinger.
    Yep that's the one I meant! Thanks for digging that up @007ClassicBondFan for those interested it's at 1:19 of the clip where he's clearly visible on the floor. Was the fight in the plane longer? Did the man get hit by a stray bullet? We never know.