Who should be a Bond girl?

Comments

• ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    I've been saying this on the Dynamite Comics thread, but in the James Bond comic book entitled VARGR, there's a character named Dharma Reach who heavily resembles Morena Baccarin from the television series called V. Baccarin should play Reach.

1CxnHsv.jpg
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    If they need a MI@F for Craig for the next one, may I humbly suggest Alison Doody. She's still got the goods, even at 50.
    aY0oLYX.jpg
  • edited May 2017 Posts: 11,425
    Plastic fantastic.

Haven't seen her in much apart from Crusade I don't think but isn't she quite wooden?

Why not do some screen tests with Dan and find someone he has genuine chemistry with?
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Bah, plastic is fine when used well. Flesh and blood is overated ;)
    Like the idea of Emily Blunt but suspect she's probably beyond playing Bond girls.
    Gal gadot
    I knew Doody had been in a Bond film already. So it was in AVTAK.

Not sure I really approve of the same actors reappearing in different roles. I know it's happened a few times in the Bond films but don't think it's a great idea.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Getafix wrote: »
    Plastic fantastic.

Haven't seen her in much apart from Crusade I don't think but isn't she quite wooden?

Plastic or wood? Which is it?
    Plastic appearance. Wooden performance.
    Any mileage in an under cover spy who plays up the image of a bimbo, therefore playing with Bond and playing with our stereotypical image of what a Bond girl should be (and gently poking fun at previous efforts) and then the twist that she is under cover and every bit as competant as Bond. We are not really sure if Bond has been fooled or knew/suspected all the time (great opportunity for some clever dialogue).
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Plastic or wood? Which is it?
    Getafix wrote: »
    Plastic appearance. Wooden performance.
    That's hard.
  • edited May 2017 Posts: 676
    patb wrote: »
    Any mileage in an under cover spy who plays up the image of a bimbo, therefore playing with Bond and playing with our stereotypical image of what a Bond girl should be (and gently poking fun at previous efforts) and then the twist that she is under cover and every bit as competant as Bond. We are not really sure if Bond has been fooled or knew/suspected all the time (great opportunity for some clever dialogue).
    Like the opposite of Britt Ekland in TMWTGG. Maybe she can "accidentally" press a dangerous button with her bum, but turns out... It was no accident.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    edited May 2017 Posts: 8,164
    TripAces wrote: »
    It all depends on what the role requires and who is playing Bond, of course.

These are some who would be great. opposite DC:

1. Morena Baccarin
    2. Emily Blunt
    3. Violante Placido
    4. Pom Klementieff

Anyone callen Violente should be a Bond-girl IMO

violante_placido_ide-2.jpg
    check.
    She was brilliant in The American and Season 2 of Transporter: The Series. Different roles carried out beautifully on her part.
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    Stunning looking but can she act I've not sceen anything with her in yet.
    Yes, she can. But on the same level as Lea Seydoux. Not a mind blowing actress but average. If a role can be written fittingly to her image and abilities, she'd be terrific.
    Now you mention The Amerian, how about Thekla Reuten (41) ? pure class IMHO

34625992120_ed573c2cd5_c.jpgMCDAMER EC046 by pat.beardmore, on Flickr
  • suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    Unknowns should play Bond girls......fit and cheap.
  • edited June 2017 Posts: 6,432
    Ana-De-Armas-2.jpg Ana de Armas gets my vote Ana starred in Knock Knock with Keanu Reeves and will be in the upcoming Blade Runner 2049

BladeRunner-thumb.jpg

Absolutely gorgeous has a quirky character also.
    Anna Friel? (40)
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    Ana-De-Armas-2.jpg Ana de Armas gets my vote Ana starred in Knock Knock with Keanu Reeves and will be in the upcoming Blade Runner 2049

BladeRunner-thumb.jpg

I mentioned her as well a couple pages ago.
    Blade Runner might be her break out role, and if we get a new Bond, she would be the right age. not for craig though
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    00Agent wrote: »
    Blade Runner might be her break out role, and if we get a new Bond, she would be the right age. not for craig though
    Maybe he can buy her an ice cream.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    Less than 2 years younger than Lea.
    I think we almost need two threads. With DC being around 50, some of these suggestions would just not work IMHO if he takes the next movie.
    edited June 2017 Posts: 8,313
    Does anyone know how they found Izabella Scorupco? She was virtually unknown at the time, I assume?
  • Does anyone know how they found Izabella Scorupco? She was virtually unknown at the time, I assume?

I don't know her story but I assume she was at least doing modeling work, had had some acting training, and had an agent plugging her into small roles. I assume the net is cast far and wide when scoping potential Bond girls. The odd Halle Berry aside, many of those who audition probably are just models with acting training.
    edited June 2017 Posts: 8,313
    Does anyone know how they found Izabella Scorupco? She was virtually unknown at the time, I assume?

I don't know her story but I assume she was at least doing modeling work, had had some acting training, and had an agent plugging her into small roles. I assume the net is cast far and wide when scoping potential Bond girls. The odd Halle Berry aside, many of those who audition probably are just models with acting training.

Part of me wants to see someone we've never heard of for the next film.
  • Berenice Marlohe, Olga Kurylenko, Gemma Arterton, and Caterina Murino fit that mold. Eva Green not quite with her notable indie background.

I too like virtually unknown Bond girls. Villains, I can kind of go either way—a Jonathan Pryce or a Mads Mikkelson.
  • edited June 2017 Posts: 6,432
    00Agent wrote: »

BladeRunner-thumb.jpg

I mentioned her as well a couple pages ago.

Ana is 29 she obviously looks after herself, I think Craig is maybe a bit too old for a Bond Girl that age though it's not stopped major age gaps previously in the series.

Ali Larter closer to Craigs age and looks great, possible American agent role...

pre_legendstif_50.jpg

• M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited June 2017 Posts: 4,491
    Ina-Alice Kopp (Austria, 10 March 1981 - 36)

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3030956/

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3030956/mediaindex?ref_=m_nm_pv_mi_sm

Speaks English, German, Chinees and 4 other.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3030956/bio?ref_=m_mn_ov_bio
    Ina speaks 7 languages including Mandarin Chinese, has a Bachelor's Degree in Chinese Studies from Fudan University in Shanghai and is pursuing a Master's Degree in International Management at SOAS in London. In addition to her on camera career, Ina splits her time between the US, Europe and Asia, acting as a liaison between the Eastern and Western entertainment markets to help satisfy the need for above and below the line talent as well as investments.

12061_1.jpg

7831309_32.jpeg

MV5BMTgzODE3OTc5N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNTI3NTQ0MDI@._V1_SY500_CR0,0,755,500_AL_.jpg