I've never noticed that before...

1164165166167168170»

Comments

• mattjoesmattjoes has three men to kill
    I never knew that, after he decided to compose some "mining disaster music" for Doctor No, Monty Norman actually went to check out some mining disasters for inspiration. Here's a photo of him in the middle of one such trip:

fKgE8dI.png
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    @mattjoes I'll let you in on a little secret. This mine is fake, but the gems...

...are dia-Monty's.
  • DaltonforyouDaltonforyou The Daltonator
    Doe anybody know what those car prints are?
  • mattjoesmattjoes has three men to kill
    QBranch wrote: »
    @mattjoes I'll let you in on a little secret. This mine is fake, but the gems...

...are dia-Monty's.

:O
    I believe I've ID'd them all and listed them here somewhere on this forum in the past. Give me a day and I'll find the list and some pics.
    I believe I've ID'd them all and listed them here somewhere on this forum in the past. Give me a day and I'll find the list and some pics.

Thank you, Q. What would I do without you? ;)
  • zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    I always found the choice of decoration for Bond's bachelor flat very much on the boring side. Imagine Bond in DN was Connery's age (32) and he loved cars, then teenager-Bond's taste in cars would have been shaped during the War and afterwards.
  • George_KaplanGeorge_Kaplan Being chauffeured by Tibbett
    At least he actually puts his pictures on the walls.
    At least he actually puts his pictures on the walls.

Maybe not. May could have done the job.
  • edited July 25 Posts: 3,744
    I always presumed they were props that had been lying around Pinewood that they used to save on costs. Wouldn't be surprised if those prints turned up in a 60s episode of Dr. Who or some other movie/tv show. It's just such a random thing to decorate the set with.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited August 3 Posts: 16,000
    Something I've never spotted before although I'm sure has been remarked upon before: as Bond and Goodhead walk to the centrifuge in MR, the boom microphone is very visible in the shot following them as they walk.

It's more visible in the widescreen version, but you can see it here 10 secs in:

• mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Just chilling with GoldenEye after a couple of very busy days: having fun looking at the continuity. Obviously it doesn’t matter as it’s a movie, but in Cuba Wade says they’re cleared to fly at 06.00, then when Xenia attacks Bond and Natalya at the crashed plane it’s around 3 according to Bond’s watch, then Boris says it’s six minutes until the satellite is in range, when he and Alec activate the GoldenEye their screen says it’s 11.58 local time, and when Alec then deactivates Bond’s bombs via his watch, both his and 007’s watches say it’s 9.55. So… all over the place!
    And when Bond’s watch is lasering in the train earlier its hour hand skips back an hour between shots! : D
    @mtm

Alec: "You're late, 007."
    Bond: "No, I'm early."
    Alec: "No, you're late."
    Bond: "Beg your pardon. Forgot to sync."
  • SIS_HQSIS_HQ At the Vauxhall Headquarters
    edited August 10 Posts: 3,675
    Is there any main Bond Girl that shared an initial with Bond's name? I think it's only Jinx, although it's her nickname but many people known her more for her nickname by the way, and she's still the only main Bond Girl who has a same initial in her name as James himself, so I think it's one of the hints that the Producers are really trying to make Jinx Bond's female counterpart, his equal, it's from the initials of their names alone: Jinx and James.
  • thedovethedove hiding in the Greek underworld
    edited August 10 Posts: 5,249
    Interesting thought @SIS_HQ do you think the screenwriters went that deep when selecting her name? Why not give her a surname with a B and make it more obvious. Though I think even her given name is a J and I think she says her name is Jacinta?

I can't think of another female character having a J name in the series.

@mtm ever noticed the watch in OP that when the tracker is on so is the stopwatch?

There is a scene where Bond comes to after being knocked out by Gobinda. The watch should have been running the entire time he is knocked out but when he comes to it is in the early seconds. Which indicates they started the gadget just before filming the scene. In reality it should have been running for hours between when he activates to when he comes to.

I have seen it and now it causes me to snicker every time I watch the movie.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    edited August 10 Posts: 13,579
    Jill Masterson
    Jacoba Brink
    Jenny Flex
  • thedove wrote: »
    Interesting thought @SIS_HQ do you think the screenwriters went that deep when selecting her name? Why not give her a surname with a B and make it more obvious. Though I think even her given name is a J and I think she says her name is Jacinta?

Her given name is Giacinta, so no J there

Just now seeing this, thank you Q! :)>-
    @Daltonforyou Cheers mate, you're welcome.
  • SIS_HQSIS_HQ At the Vauxhall Headquarters
    edited August 11 Posts: 3,675
    Jill Masterson
    Jacoba Brink
    Jenny Flex

I know for the minor Bond Girls, but not for the 'main' ones, in the main ones, she's the only one with a J as her initial.
    thedove wrote: »

Her given name is Giacinta, so no J there

Yep, that's her real name, but people know her more as Jinx, her nickname, as what I've said in my original post, whether it's in the rankings or reviews, she's being simply called as Jinx (an obvious way to equal her with James), people remember her name more as Jinx than Giacinta, and 'Gia' has a J sound in there if pronounced, I think the Producers just made it subtle.

Just like Solitaire, no one remember her real name, Simone Latrelle, people know her as simply, Solitaire, or Octopussy, no one remember her as Octavia Smythe, it does also helped that's the main title of the film though, I think it's only Tracy whose both full name and nickname are well remembered by public (some are acknowledging her as Teresa, while some are acknowledging her as just Tracy), although I think many people were still simply call her as Tracy.

Jinx is her nickname though (like what I've said in my op), but of all the 'main' Bond girls (nickname or not) she's the only one with a J initial, well most people recognize and know her by her nickname Jinx anyway, just like Solitaire is for Solitaire (not Simone Latrelle).

Nice move there by the Producers, anyway, even her name Giacinta, if pronounced, has a sound of J in it ('Gia'), although it could've been better had the Producers really went straight and just make it J, I don't know why they've made it subtle, though.
  • thedovethedove hiding in the Greek underworld
    Funny that I worked with a Jacinta once so I guess I assumed that was the only spelling of the name. Interesting stuff, still have trouble believing that the producers or screen writers wanted to make her James Bond equal and gave her a J nickname for that reason. But who knows, weirder things have been true.
    In the film, you see both 'G. Johnson' and 'G. Jordan' on her cheque and clinic file. Jinx alias at the Alvarez Clinic is 'Jordan', but when you first see her hand over the cheque, it's signed 'Johnson'.
  • BennyBenny Shaken not stirredAdministrator, Moderator
    Funny that I worked with a Jacinta once so I guess I assumed that was the only spelling of the name. Interesting stuff, still have trouble believing that the producers or screen writers wanted to make her James Bond equal and gave her a J nickname for that reason. But who knows, weirder things have been true.

I think it's very wishful thinking that Jinx was named in order to give her the same initial as James Bond. I think if they were to do that they would pick a name that had the exact same initials like Jane Brown or at least JB.
    Either way it would serve no purpose.
    It's more of an observation on what people think about their personal views on the Bond films, no matter how out there they are.
  • edited September 1 Posts: 17,633
    I've completely missed this detail in previous viewings, but watching the 1969 film Crossplot last night, I couldn't help but notice a couple of car illustrations, similar to those in Bond's flat in DN* – as well as in Simon Templar's flat in The Saint, and the flat of Phillip Scott in Assignment K, making a brief appearance.

Vintage cars are a thing in Crossplot, so this might have been a very deliberate choice by the set decorator(s).

wtliDoT.jpg

2XtBQX2.png
    CN6kKBo.png

HNCt5zb.png
    rNUh94d.png

CdFzvx8.png
    wch2VGS.png
    MOcjTaU.png

*The one on the left in the screenshot from Crossplot, is probably the same car you see on the top right in Bond's flat, but with a different frame and green matting/passe-partout.