The Petrolhead Lounge

1878889909193»

Comments

• 007InAction007InAction Australia
    edited September 4 Posts: 2,451

Yeah the Ferrari looks better.
    Too much carbon fibre on the Vanquish ?
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    I agree that the Ferrari looks better. A more balanced design, a much nicer front too. A gorgeous car that one, really.

The Aston is nice too, but the front is a bit too aggressive for my taste. Looks like a huge whale's mouth at the front, why does the roster need to that big? Quite like the beige interior though...
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    I like the big grille on the new ones, but something about that Vanquish isn’t quite coming together for me.
    2024 Kia EV6 Facelift

The old EV6 looks better
  • DaltonforyouDaltonforyou The Daltonator
    Unfortunately the Ferrari reminds me too much of a camaro front.
    Ferrari designers said they referenced the Daytona for the front.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Yes I definitely see Daytona.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Not the prettiest Ferrari ever made. I don't know, I liked the more restrained designs of, say, 15 years ago. I'm not too impressed by Astons huge grills, nor BMW's huge kidneys. I think the Ferrari's too are agressive. I like the 458 over the F8. I like the DB9 over the DB12, etc. etc.
    edited September 13 Posts: 7,054
    Today 45 years ago the first Lancia Delta was launched. The updated version, the HF Integrale, became legendary as one of the greatest rally cars ever made.

Out of convenience I'm citing Wikipedia here for a moment: "(...) scoring 46 WRC victories overall and winning the constructors' championship a record six times in a row from 1987 to 1992, in addition to drivers' championship titles for Juha Kankkunen (1987 and 1991) and Miki Biasion (1988 and 1989), making Lancia the most successful marque in the history of the WRC and the Delta the most successful car."

il_fullxfull.3333643337_7mi8.jpg

Lancia remains the most successful marque in WRC history despite not having competed in it since 1992!

Now, I love Lancia, and I was happy to see the Thesis feature in the NTTD pts! I'm even happier that Stellantis have made its intentions public to revive the brand. Forza Lancia!
    Citroën SM TRIBUTE

Any Citroën fans ?
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Is that actually by DS or is it a fan made thing?
    Citroën SM TRIBUTE

Any Citroën fans ?

A DS fan for sure :) This looks amazing, but I'll have to echo @mtm 's question, is it a real DS concept or just a fan tribute?
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited 8:23am Posts: 16,065
    Seems like it is official.
    https://www.topgear.com/car-news/first-look/ds-has-made-a-tribute-citroen-sm-and-its-called-tribute

I think I prefer the back end to the front.

Unfortunately when they put the two nose-to-nose:
    DS_SM_TRIBUTE_0713%20SANS%40W.Bonbon_1.jpg?w=1784&h=1004

it's the original I'm looking at more. It just looks better. Look at that wonderful line sweeping to the back at the bottom of the windows- the new one just doesn't have that elegance.
    edited 2:07pm Posts: 2,451
    Renault 17 Electric Concept

Funky music included......
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    I googled the original Renault 17 and must admit I've never seen one before. I guess we didn't get it here.