Last Movie you Watched?

Comments

28265_1_large.jpg
    The Three Musketeers 1973 4K Restoration.
    This is one of my favorite films of all time, the restoration is far superior to the recent Bluray. I had the biggest grin whilst watching this film, its genius, hilarious and nails the serious points when it needs to.

The sequel is even better, which I am going to watch now.

I only bought the blurays last year, so I didnt want to shell out again for 4K, + the front covers are horrible!
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Mathis1 wrote: »
    28265_1_large.jpg
    The Three Musketeers 1973 4K Restoration.
    This is one of my favorite films of all time, the restoration is far superior to the recent Bluray. I had the biggest grin whilst watching this film, its genius, hilarious and nails the serious points when it needs to.

The sequel is even better, which I am going to watch now.

I only bought the blurays last year, so I didnt want to shell out again for 4K, + the front covers are horrible!

I bought the blurays a few years ago, agree the art work is not great.
  • VenutiusVenutius Yorkshire
    edited June 2023 Posts: 3,102
    This reminds me - I'm pretty conflicted about the new version of the Three Musketeers. Eva Green's in it, so I can't not get it, but so is Vincent Cassel and I can't stand that bloke! Some faces just wind you up, right? Robbie Williams, James Corden, etc. Cassel's another for me. I avoid anything he's in, but he's in the new Musketeers film and some upcoming tv series with Eva too. I half thought about boycotting em but, well, it's Eva Green, so...y'know. They're not going to be comfortable viewing, though, man...
  • edited June 2023 Posts: 2,141
    After visiting The Harry Potter Studio Tour, I have done a complete re-watch of the entire series. Luckily Netflix added them, so I bought a month's membership and have now gone through all 8 in a few weeks. If I were to rank them...

1) Deathly Hallows P1
    2) Prisoner of Azkaban
    3) Goblet of Fire
    4) Deathly Hallows P2
    5) Order of the Phoenix
    6) Half Blood Prince
    7) Philosophers Stone
    8) Chamber of Secrets

And putting CoS last sounds harsh but I would still give it a 7/10 rating.

HBP is probably the one where I noticed the edits from the book the most (and not in a good way), as there is a lot of events that happen but aren't really dwelled on (Harry nearly kills Draco, for example, and there is no consequence on Harry in the film), and the HBP reveal feels almost throwaway.

As for other films I have seen recently:

- Extraction 2. 4/5.
    - The Flash. 2/5.
    - Glass Onion. 4/5.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Venutius wrote: »
    This reminds me - I'm pretty conflicted about the new version of the Three Musketeers. Eva Green's in it, so I can't not get it, but so is Vincent Cassel and I can't stand that bloke! Some faces just wind you up, right? Robbie Williams, James Corden, etc. Cassel's another for me. I avoid anything he's in, but he's in the new Musketeers film and some upcoming tv series with Eva too. I half thought about boycotting em but, well, it's Eva Green, so...y'know. They're not going to be comfortable viewing, though, man...

I have yet see the new Eva green version I can't recall the release date? I thought the trailers were good.
    I think it was released in the UK last month, actually. I only go to the cinema for Bond movies, though, so it'll be a while before I get to see it.
    I think it was released in the UK last month, actually. I only go to the cinema for Bond movies, though, so it'll be a while before I get to see it.

Cheers I will see if it is on streaming services. The last film I saw at the cinema was NTTD, I can't recall of any film I watched at the pictures last year.

I will likely only watch 2 or 3 films on the big screen this year, because movies appear on streaming so quickly now unless it is an major event film I don't bust a gut to see it.
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    Finally a Musketeers film in French! And with Eva Green?! :-O

I HAVE to watch that one as soon as I can :D

Oh, I would love to see the new version, if only for Eva!
    Agree with you about the people who wind you up, Cassel can be good (La Haine) but agree he's become less tolerable ( one of the minuses of the last 'Jason Bourne'), but of your list the hideous Corden would top it! Cant stand the man!
  • mattjoesmattjoes has three men to kill
    I'd love to watch all these Musketeers films.
    Yeah, it's got to be done...

FuJiSBLWcAAnY3U?format=jpg&name=900x900
    mattjoes wrote: »
    I'd love to watch all these Musketeers films.

The Richard Lester Musketeers films have brilliant scores by Michel Legrand and Lalo Schifren.
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou, but I now hear a new dog barkin'
    I must admit that I only remember the 70s' Three Musketeers film from some transatlantic flight to the U.S: May even have (or actually, probably) been the one that took me to my exchange year (in 1974). But I haven't really felt the need to revisit it for the last 49 years.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    edited June 2023 Posts: 4,513
    Smokin Aces

I haven't watched it in years and I've always enjoyed it. And this time was no exception. Such an OTT crime, comedy, bloody fun film. I always enjoyed Ryan Reynolds more in non-comedy films.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Smokin Aces

I haven't watched it in years and I've always enjoyed it. And this time was no exception. Such an OTT crime, comedy, bloody fun film. I always enjoyed Ryan Reynolds more in non-comedy films.

I can't remember what it was but that movie popped into my head yesterday for one reason or another. Very over the top, incredibly stylish, super bloody, and packed with animated characters rife with personality. It was a blast; I wonder how it holds up today.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Smokin Aces

I can't remember what it was but that movie popped into my head yesterday for one reason or another. Very over the top, incredibly stylish, super bloody, and packed with animated characters rife with personality. It was a blast; I wonder how it holds up today.

It held up well for me. After years of watching Entourage, I can never unsee Jeremy Piven as anything but Ari Gold and it definitely shows in his character. It's not a film I could watch all of the time since I had honestly forgot about the somewhat twist ending.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Smokin Aces

It held up well for me. After years of watching Entourage, I can never unsee Jeremy Piven as anything but Ari Gold and it definitely shows in his character. It's not a film I could watch all of the time since I had honestly forgot about the somewhat twist ending.

There's definitely a little bit of Ari in that performance, especially in his monologue about the coat. Hilarious.
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia
    The Naked Gun: From the Files of Police Squad! 1988
    lf?set=path%5B1%2F4%2F2%2F8%2F3%2F14283326%5D&call=url%5Bfile%3Aproduct.chain%5D
    CommonDefensiveIrukandjijellyfish-max-1mb.gif
    OJkfLK.gif
    naked-gun-slap.gif

The Naked Gun movies will never not be funny, though I do have a slight preffrance for 2 1/2.

Is this some kinda Bust?
    Its very impressive, yes...
    Mallory wrote: »
    The Naked Gun movies will never not be funny, though I do have a slight preffrance for 2 1/2.

Is this some kinda Bust?
    Its very impressive, yes...

I love them so much, always great for a laugh or 50.

"I'm sure we can handle this situation maturely, just like the responsible adults that we are. Isn't that right, Mr. Poopy Pants?"
  • mattjoesmattjoes has three men to kill
    Hector Savage, from Detroit... Hey, I remember this pug. Ex-boxer, his real name was Joey Chicago.

xrkZcRo.png
  • edited June 2023 Posts: 2,141
    What is that smell…?
    Oh that would be me… I’ve been swimming in raw sewage… I LOVE IT
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Smokin Aces

Great soundtrack, too.
    The Adventurous Air-Steward 3.5/6 , same actor/director as Adventure in Denmark , a comedy

Not a great movie but i kinda enjoyed it , the ending is decent......its a travel-movie like "Denmark" , it was shot in Thailand

About some pilot who cheats and James Yi Liu is the air steward (no eng subs so wild guess here)

Fools Gold 2/6 , boring movie about treasure hunt on bottom of the sea , Matt Mc and Don Sutherland stars. To me it was a waste of time , no excitement in it , zzzzzzzz
    I want to see Beavis & Butthead 2 , Coming 2 America , Kindergarten Cop 2......okay , not masterpieces but they could be decent
  • edited June 2023 Posts: 16,030
    Watching this LANA TURNER movie now.........

Poster-The-Lady.jpg

It's great except the DVD is clearly pirated version from a television airing. It's widescreen, but non anamorphic. The transfer sucks.
    But there are compensations.........

Lana-Turner-The-Lady-Takes-A-Flyer-1958-17.jpg

Perhaps this film will get an offical home media release someday?

• DwayneDwayne New York City
    @ToTheRight. We can only hope, but as more and more product is on streaming platforms, physical media is increasingly becoming an after thought.
    Dwayne wrote: »
    @ToTheRight. We can only hope, but as more and more product is on streaming platforms, physical media is increasingly becoming an after thought.

:(
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Zulu

2qoolekmo1ik.jpg

Besides being an absolute masterpiece of British cinema, Zulu also has one of John Barry's best scores. It's usually the latter that reminds me to go back to this film once every few years and enjoy the full package. Excellent film!
    I've been watching all of Michael Mann's films this week, revisiting some I haven't seen in a very long time and checking out the few I still hadn't got around to. I'm watching L.A. Takedown for the first time now and it's, uhhh, real bad. Most of the main story beats are still there but it's inferior in just about every sense. It doesn't even feel like a Mann production, minus the use of music.