BondCapCon - No Friggin in the Riggin...Part Deux

Comments

• edited August 2013 Posts: 6,396
    "We're in a confined space surrounded by sheep so for the last time, stop making reference to MINT SAUCE will you!!"
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    chuck-4x7.jpg
    Surprisingly, Dalton's The Lamb with the Golden Fleece replaced Doe Another Day as the real black sheep of the film series.
    chuck-4x7.jpg

The local am-dram's production of The Silence of The Lambs wasn't going quite as well as hoped.
    edited August 2013 Posts: 14,448
    Farmer: "Tim, what's the secret to your illustrious career?"

Dalton: "A wise sheep farmer once said to me: 'Even when the future looks bleat, you must keep striving to raise the baa'.
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    EWE ONLY LIVE TWICE co staring. Barrrbra Brach!
    Dragonpol wrote:
    Thank you for selecting me as winner, @QBranch. Much appreciated. So here is my new picture starring Timothy Dalton, as he has been absent of late in this thread:

chuck-4x7.jpg

Now, where's my ice cream?!

Tim: Look pal? When someone tells you to impress me with a typical Welsh gift? This is not it!
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Tim: "Do you smell that, son? That's the sweet odor of some well raised livestock."

Guy: "Really, because all I smell is a mix of stinky, wet wool and excrement..."

Tim: "Speaking of excrement, you should look before you sit, my boy."
    chuck-4x7.jpg

"I've been counting these all bloody night, and I still can't get to sleep!"
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Bond: Blofeld can't pull the wool over my eyes this time! This little lamb robot just said "meow!" - I knew he'd screw up somehow. There's undoubtedly a camera or recorder tucked into this cute little ball of fluff.

Farmer: Err .. you just stepped on my cat, Tiddles, Mr. Bond.

Bond: Really? Oh "bleat"!
  • edited August 2013 Posts: 6,396
    This seems to have been forgotten. Any chance of naming your top three @Dragonpol so we can get the next round underway? :-)

I think you also had to pick your best pussy captions too in another thread
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Tim: "I'm gonna go out on a lamb here, son, and argue that these sheep may have realized we are not one of them!"
    This is just about the punniest round ever. ;)
    Judging soon, I hope?
    edited September 2013 Posts: 28,694
    Tim: "Mr. Bond's lamb was skewered, they said. He wasn't satisfied with how it was cooked, they said. The customer is always right, they said. If you can't cook a leg of lamb without shoving a metal pin inside it then you'll never work in the Montenegrin train business again, they said. So you know what I did, my boy? [speaking directly to the man beside him] I told them all to suck a right big one, threw down my chef's hat, gave it a stomp, and discarded my cooking apron out the window. I was done with it all! After a few years of saving up some decent money, I was finally able to afford some acreage here in this surrounding farmland, and got my own flock of sheep to do with what I pleased. I was able to make profit enough to afford a comfortable living, and now I never go long without food. And do you know what I'm hungry for right this moment, son? LAMB. And you know what else? I'm gonna cook that lamb, and I'll be damned if that blue eyed, big eared bastard is going to tell me how to do it!"
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    edited September 2013 Posts: 18,166
    Right, time for judging. So many excellent entries this time around. It made it very hard for me to judge but here goes:

3rd Place:
    @QBranch with this:
    Dalton: "There's no secret, really. I just read the novels to help me give a more accurate portrayal of Fleming's Bond."

Farmer: "Well, I'm really digging what you've brought to the role so far, Tim. Put it this way- if your tenure is over in two shakes of a lambs tail, I'll sell the farm."

2nd Place:
    @soundofthesinners with this:
    "Dalton's northern accent may show up a few times in Licence to Kill, but this screen capture from an early rehearsal of his sadly never released third movie shows that they were willing to show far more of his northern tendencies in his future Bond movies."

And in 1st Place is @QBranch with this short and sweet caption:

“Surprisingly, Dalton's The Lamb with the Golden Fleece replaced Doe Another Day as the real black sheep of the film series.”

Brilliant! It's all yours, @QBranch. You're a worthy winner!
    Thanks, @Dragonpol for the mention ... but that is not my quote. !!
    That one was also QBranch's. :D
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    edited September 2013 Posts: 18,166
    Thanks, @Dragonpol for the mention ... but that is not my quote. !!
    That one was also QBranch's. :D

Terribly sorry. My mistake. Got my avatars mixed up there! I've now amended it accordingly.
    edited September 2013 Posts: 14,448
    Wow, I'm on a roll here!
    Dragonpol wrote:
    Got my avatars mixed up there!
    A Q-lunch roll!

And speaking of rolls- if no one minds, I'd like to pass the round over to @soundofthesinners, who ended up sandwiched between my two captions. Lucky devil.

Thank you for the honours, @Dragonpol. Quite a fun round there.

Take it away, @soundofthesinners!
    @SoundoftheSinners, it's your game now, chap.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I say we give it to @QBranch in the next day or two to keep this moving along fluidly.
  • I am here! I didn't realize that I'd been awarded the round, so I apologize for the delay.

I suppose I'll take the obvious route:

article-2413333-1BA18911000005DC-214_634x643_zps660ef565.jpg
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Hey Mishter Connery! Could you help ush pick up chickshs?
    "The winner of this season of 'The Biggest Loser'...Sean Connery!!!"
    Sean's fans: "Mr. Connery, could we please get an autograph?"

Sean: "Fat chance."
    "Mr. Connery, please, give us some fashion tips!"

"H&M men'sh shection, let'sh go."
  • "" Could you help us lose some weight please ?? ""

Or

"" FAT FAT FAT FATTY FAT FAT ""
    Connery's sheer magnetism was a powerful force that attracted even the heaviest of objects.
    "While Mr. Connery preferred to make an impressive and suave entrance wherever he went, the only thing rolling into town on this day was the stomach fat of the three men following close behind him."
  • edited September 2013 Posts: 6,396
    article-2413333-1BA18911000005DC-214_634x643_zps660ef565.jpg

Fans were thrilled to see the four members of The Untouchables reunite after all these years...
    The Scottish remake of A Clockwork Orange left much to be desired once compared to the Kubrick original.

droogs.jpg
  • saunderssaunders Living in a world of avarice and deceit
    Rumours that the plot for the new Darby O'Gill and the Little People sequel may have a subtle twist!