Mission: Impossible - films and tv series

1297298299300301303»

Comments

• mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited July 16 Posts: 16,211
    They're doing reshoots then; they shot the majority of those scenes a long time ago.

When will they ever finish making this movie. They started making these two before Covid: it's been that long.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    mtm wrote: »
    They're doing reshoots then; they shot the majority of those scenes a long time ago.

When will they ever finish making this movie. They started making these two before Covid: it's been that long.

Babs should be fired!
    Oh, wait...
    Cruise & McQuarrie are too busy living the high life in London, attending Wimbledon, Taylor Swift tours, Twisters premieres etc... :D
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited July 29 Posts: 24,989
    Re watched all the films this week, Tom Cruise is the greatest action star of all time.

Dead Reckoning is in the conversation for top 3, my current top 2 is M:I 1 and M:I 6.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    I didn't realise MI:8 is releasing in May next year, we should get a teaser in the next month or 2.

Also I always thought this would be the conclusion to the story but apparently Cruise wants to keep going. As long as they can maintain the quality, this is very good news!
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Great news I would be happy to see Tom continue well into his 70's, he looks after himself.
  • edited September 23 Posts: 4,004
    I'm guessing it's not confirmed that he'll keep on doing it? I dunno, I really don't know where this franchise can go after the next one, and I'm not sure how long Tom Cruise can keep leaping off of buildings into his 70s. I'm still of the opinion it'll be tricky making the next one a big success as well (not to say it'll flop or underperform like the last one, but I'm just not sure how high its ceiling goes after a point. The audience just isn't there and the fanbase it does have is a bit too soft).
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Simon Pegg has teased the first trailer for the upcoming Mission: Impossible 8, which will be attached to a large theatrical release that will most likely be next month's Gladiator 2.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Simon Pegg has teased the first trailer for the upcoming Mission: Impossible 8, which will be attached to a large theatrical release that will most likely be next month's Gladiator 2.

This is very interesting information. Thank you. I will be waiting.
    Mallory wrote: »

Still filming?
    Oh my.., they started filming in March 2022. Why so long?
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou, but I now hear a new dog barkin'
    I just felt I should get up to date with this thread. Looking at my collection (and I needed that look to even be sure), I seem to have the first five M:I films (not counting the 1960s' TV series). I watched the first one twice, though I hate what they did to the Jim Phelps character, and besides that I only remember much of it took place in Prague and some aquarium burst. The others, only once...and so far never felt an urge to do something about it, in times where I don't seem to find time to watch any more tantalizing disc newly purchased. I couldn't for the life of me recall the storylines of any of them. I'll wait and see how this develops (like feeling the urge to suddenly see any of them again), but no, I don't really care how that franchise continues. And except for A Few Good Men, I still find Cruise a lousy actor.
  • edited October 18 Posts: 7,387
    j_w_pepper wrote: »
    I just felt I should get up to date with this thread. Looking at my collection (and I needed that look to even be sure), I seem to have the first five M:I films (not counting the 1960s' TV series). I watched the first one twice, though I hate what they did to the Jim Phelps character, and besides that I only remember much of it took place in Prague and some aquarium burst. The others, only once...and so far never felt an urge to do something about it, in times where I don't seem to find time to watch any more tantalizing disc newly purchased. I couldn't for the life of me recall the storylines of any of them. I'll wait and see how this develops (like feeling the urge to suddenly see any of them again), but no, I don't really care how that franchise continues. And except for A Few Good Men, I still find Cruise a lousy actor.

Not a major Tom Cruise fan either. I did like him in Michael Manns 'Collateral', but yeh, the Mission Impossible movies are forgettable fare, the most recent two I found quite tedious! The almost universal raving about Top Gun 2 I found baffling, didn't impress me at all that film!
    I was just thinking there is a real possibility we may get 3 Mission Impossible films in between NTTD and the next Bond film. if Tom is indeed continuing i would assume he wont went to waste too much time on a part 9.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I was just thinking there is a real possibility we may get 3 Mission Impossible films in between NTTD and the next Bond film. if Tom is indeed continuing i would assume he wont went to waste too much time on a part 9.

He and McQuarrie have mentioned they want to continue the story and this won't be the last, but Cruise is set up to do Inarritu's next film in 2025, followed by another, new film with McQuarrie afterward. If they actually do a ninth at this rate, I'll be surprised.
    Creasy47 wrote: »

He and McQuarrie have mentioned they want to continue the story and this won't be the last, but Cruise is set up to do Inarritu's next film in 2025, followed by another, new film with McQuarrie afterward. If they actually do a ninth at this rate, I'll be surprised.

Interesting maybe a 9th film is a misdirect from Ethan's fate in part 8?
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited October 21 Posts: 4,501
    Except Top Gun 3, other movies with Tom Cruise ging to be made by Warner. We already waiting very long on The Edge Of Tomorrow 2.

Mission Impossible franchise wil remain with Paramount too, i can imagine atleast he wil stay as producer. New directer and waiting 5 years til Mi9 wil be good idea.