The DANIEL CRAIG Appreciation thread - Discuss His Life, His Career, His Bond Films

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    I always thought he looked quite similar to Craig himself, so that'll be interesting to see them together. Maybe they'll be brothers!
    I'm still hoping Pierce Brosnan will join the cast, for example as a rival detective. 😉
  • VenutiusVenutius Yorkshire
    edited May 30 Posts: 3,102
    mtm wrote: »
    I always thought he looked quite similar to Craig himself, so that'll be interesting to see them together. Maybe they'll be brothers!
    Only one bloke should play Craig's brother...

actor-kevin-mckidd-267194_large.jpg?1630968477
  • willowlovewillowlove Kent, WA, USA
    Yet another add, this one I haven't heard of: Daryl McCormack.

https://variety.com/2024/film/news/knives-out-3-cast-daryl-mccormack-1236019883/
    Josh Brolin has joined the cast. This one is properly stacked now.

https://deadline.com/2024/06/wake-up-dead-man-a-knives-out-mystery-adds-josh-brolin-1235957764/
  • mattjoesmattjoes has three men to kill
    edited June 3 Posts: 6,988
    Nice, I felt another big name was in order. Brolin fits the bill. We're They're gonna make a lot of money with this one!
    edited June 10 Posts: 40,844
    GPt5sVyXcAAsjrV.jpeg
  • peterpeter Toronto
    edited June 10 Posts: 9,185
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    GPt5sVyXcAAsjrV.jpeg

@Creasy47 -- where's this from?

Craig's been seriously growing out his hair, but I can't imagine this is for Blanc -- which begins shooting next month(?).

EDIT: never mind, a sharp eyed member here just gave me the update; this IS for Knives Out. A little eccentric look, but Blanc is a little eccentric, so, I’ll go along with it, 😂!!!
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    peter wrote: »
    GPt5sVyXcAAsjrV.jpeg

Craig's been seriously growing out his hair, but I can't imagine this is for Blanc -- which begins shooting next month(?).

@peter I believe it is.

https://variety.com/2024/film/news/knives-out-3-daniel-craig-long-hair-1236031037/
  • peterpeter Toronto
    edited June 10 Posts: 9,185
    talos7 wrote: »
    peter wrote: »
    GPt5sVyXcAAsjrV.jpeg

@peter I believe it is.

https://variety.com/2024/film/news/knives-out-3-daniel-craig-long-hair-1236031037/

Thanks @talos7 ... I just had someone else let me know! I thought they were shooting in July! Pleasant surprise!!

It's an interesting thing for Blanc to do, isn't it? Growing out his hair like this? Coming in a little differently? I'm on board, 😂!! Love the suit and hat though. And as I said above, the character has his eccentricities so, I'll ride with this new image and see what it gives us!
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Unshaven as well, which doesn't seem very Blanc. Maybe this is a bit of a Skyfall moment and he gets himself tidied up at some point.
    @peter, I was rushing around the house when I saw and posted it, meant to add some obvious context to it, so apologies for that.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    No problem @Creasy47 !! Thanks for posting!!

And yes, @mtm , unshaven…. Has he been the “dead man” that needs to wake up? I’m happy that they’re giving us something different— as one and two were quite a bit different from each other. Kudos to doing something new. I look forward to whatever this may all mean!
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    Wow that's a mad look isn't it. I can understand them trying to remove Daniel as far from his Bond look as possible in fairness.

I wonder a lot of time will have passed between Glass Onion and this new film, given Blanc's long hair and beard?
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    Jordo007 wrote: »
    Wow that's a mad look isn't it. I can understand them trying to remove Daniel as far from his Bond look as possible in fairness.

I wonder a lot of time will have passed between Glass Onion and this new film, given Blanc's long hair and beard?

It's certainly an unexpected look given his wardrobe and styling from the first two films. I'm sure it will be addressed in the film somehow, but at the moment, wouldn't the long hair and beard have made more sense in Glass Onion when he was playing Among Us in the bath during lockdown?
    edited June 11 Posts: 8,148
    I suspect it’s a hairpiece or some other augmentation; I also believe he will “ clean up” at some point in the film.

I don’t know when this was taken, it may even be a composite, but even if within the last year he couldn’t have grown it out to the length in production photos.

DkfEtBl.jpg
    That looks entirely A.I. generated to me.
    Haha, no way that's a photo. "This was taken" today using Midjourney or some such thing.
    I don’t think it’s AI. The photo of his costar is recent .
    I don't for a second believe that's real, and if it is, I'd love to know what in the hell happened. It screams A.I. to me.
  • VenutiusVenutius Yorkshire
    Yeah, look at the boz eyes, man - there's no way that's real.
    Miles Bron did it.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    I think I'll take @talos7's judgment on this one until it's shown otherwise.

Yes, I do think it is a manipulation of two separate photos and has been enhanced; but that is a very different thing than an AI generated image.
    edited June 11 Posts: 40,844
    The sole search result I get from it is from this horribly made fan trailer for the latest Knives Out installment, which only solidifies to me that it's A.I. Can't seem to find any other similar images it'd be pulled from. Doesn't matter either way, but it did leave me curious.

edited June 11 Posts: 6,988
    The sole search result I get from it is from this horribly made fan trailer for the latest Knives Out installment, which only solidifies to me that it's A.I. Can't seem to find any other similar images it'd be pulled from. Doesn't matter either way, but it did leave me curious.

I too searched for the image and came to the same conclusion. Just looking at the image, there's also Craig's face with the weird eyes and video game/drawing-like nature, not to mention the typical wrinkled forehead of AI images. And the yacht setting and bikini-clad Kunis, which suggests the AI was inspired by Glass Onion and Madelyn Cline.

But more crucially, the beginning of that video you linked shows that image in motion, and that was not done with Photoshop, of course.

"This ain't no photoshop. But there's some guy out there who wants me to think it is. And that's the dude I'm gonna be looking for."

Nightlife-23.png?ssl=1
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited June 11 Posts: 16,000
    Don't forget her comically shortened arm!